cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check including shipping notifications - How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We're needing to configure availability check against outbound deliveries from STOs, but struggling to understand how shipping notifiications work within the availability check.

The specific bit we're struggling to understand is what period of time (delivery dates) are considered of inbound deliveries?

Selecting the include shipping notifications, does this include Inbound Deliveries on todays date, for a defined period of time from todays date, or all unreceived Inbound Deliveries going into the future?

Our business requirement is to stock check during Outbound Delivery creation with the rule of: Unrestricted Stock + Todays Inbound Deliveries - Open Outbound Deliveries

We should not consider any future inbound deliveries beyond todays dates.

If i provide an example below, it would be great if someone could explain this in relation to the example (if possible):

Scenario 1

Store A creates STO on Monday

Article: 1, Qty: 50ea, Supplying Site: DC1, Delivery Due: Thursday

DC1 has an Inbound Delivery

Article: 1, Qty: 50ea, Delivery Date: Tuesday

Scenario 2

Store A creates STO on Monday

Article: 1, Qty: 50ea, Supplying Site: DC1, Delivery Due: Thursday

DC1 has an Inbound Delivery

Article: 1, Qty: 50ea, Delivery Date: Friday

Question: Would ATP consider both of these scenarios as available if i configure to Include Shipping Notifications?

If only scenario 1 is considered as available and not scenario 2, on what basis did it consider this as available?

Does this process consider the delivery due date, picking time, goods issue time etc as configured within deliveries?

Many thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would ATP consider both of these scenarios as available if i configure to Include Shipping Notifications?

To my knowledge yes.

If only scenario 1 is considered as available and not scenario 2, on what basis did it consider this as available?

The quantity 50 is available on Tuesday in DC1 based on inbound delivery. This means material available date. Assuming there is no other stock in DC1, for the outbound delivery, Tuesday is material available date. From this date, the system adds pick/pack time +transportation planning time + transit time to find the delivery date in the outbound delivery.

Does this process consider the delivery due date, picking time, goods issue time etc as configured within deliveries?

Yes.

Again, it is based on my understanding of your questions and data provided. You can very well do a testing in the test system to understand the system behavior.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent, thank you.

Discovered the odd system behaviour I found, hence my question, was due to a user exit which had been poorly conditioned and was affecting all deliveries to not follow the standard process.

Small tweak should fix the issue.

Answers (0)