Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer plan cost from item to PS

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are thinking about transfer financial information from an item to a PS project directly and we need help. Does anyone have documentation related with this?

Thanks,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your answer, my question now is, We have a cproject that is created automatically when item is created, In the item type settings we have the option 'link to project system', I think if I changed it to PS project profile the cproject is not created automatically , is this correct?

Can the cproject be created automaticcaly when item is saved and at the same time, plan enter in the item be transferred to the PS project?

Thanks a lot,

Sara

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Yes, you are correct. You can create ether project in either cProjects or project in SAP PS automatically. Both cannot be possible together.

But, you can anytime assign SAP PS project as FICO object link to portfolio item manually and transfer the planned cost as required.

Regards

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you very much for your help, the problem is for this functionality the user would have to add manually the WBS linked to the item.

We are thinking the option ( I am not sure if it is possible) to reuse report /RPM/CO_DOWNLOAD creating Z report as copy and it modify the first piece of code when retrieve the link between item-PS in order to look for the link between item-cproject-PS.

Thanks for your helo, it has been very useful due to we cannot check in our system all the options because we have a lot of options deactivated.

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use CJ40

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SaraGil,

Assuming you are using SAP PPM 5.0 as planned cost can be transferred from item to project in 5.0 version only.

Please maintain the configuration as below:

For a particular portfolio, you have defined the required Transfer Type in Customizing for SAP

Portfolio and Project Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-

Dependent Settings -> Define Portfolio Types.

In the Define Financial View subview, you have defined the Amount Type for Transfer and CO

Version fields for a particular financial view in Customizing for SAP Portfolio and Project

Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-Independent Settings

-> Define Financial and Capacity Views.

For a portfolio item type, you have defined the link to Project System in Customizing for SAP

Portfolio and Project Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-

Independent Settings -> Define Portfolio Item Types.

Then, maintain the values for the created view for an item in Financial Planning. Then using the button Transfer to SAP ERP, the cost can be transferred to SAP PS. Make sure you have assigned the project to portfolio item.

The cost will reflect in cj40 transaction for repective project.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

Amit