Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Check with STOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Need your help to resolve the following concern in committed date of STOs

Scenario:

When a STO is created for a material where the supplying plant has no stock, then the committed date in the delivery schedule lines comes up as 31.12.9999 and the statistical date comes up as the requested delivery date + planned delivery time!

I guess this is fine as system considers forward scheduling automatically in this case.

However this order is not considered by BOP as well!

Now if the stock is produced / made available even then the STO is not getting picked up in BOP

So this results in inconsistency (APO/R3) and also when the delivery is generated it comes up with error! (wrong quantity / date or '0' qty)

Now if I manually do the ATP check in the STO line item, it changes the dates. Still it dosent show up in BOP but delivery can be created!

Can you guys please advice me what should be the process for such STOs (which were created when there was no stock in supplying plant). As manually doing ATP check isnt sensible.

Also why is that BOP is not picking up these STOs (I have already checked the parameters and STO is included)

Thanks in advance

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

When a STO is created for a material where the supplying plant has no stock, then the committed date in the delivery schedule lines comes up as 31.12.9999 and the statistical date comes up as the requested delivery date + planned delivery time!

This is normal. FYI Statistical delivery date is not used for planning.

However this order is not considered by BOP as well!

This is your problem. Since your manual ATP is working OK for STOs, then you have evidently overlooked something in the BOP setup, either config of BOP or Master data.

First step of troubleshooting BOP is to ensure that ATP logging is turned on, and then examine the logs. ATP logs can be reviewed at /SAPAPO/ATPLOG_DSP. If there is no data here, turn on logging at /SAPAPO/ATPLOG.

Also, ensure that your STOs are actually being selected. /SAPAPO/BOP_WORKLIST. Use the BOP variants you are using for your regular background BOP run. If the STOs in question do not appear here, then there is something wrong with your filter. A common mistake is to use a field in your filter that does not exist in a purchase order.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was waiting for the proper authorization!

I activated the log, however it just mentions the number of requirements selected and the function modules. Can you suggest where to check for the selected order numbers in the log.

In the BOP selection, no the criteria is just on the location so STOs must appear. And as mentioned STOs do appear but in this scenario when the stock was not available while creation of STO, it dosent (for the first time)

Can you suggest next logical step to resolve this please!

Thanks in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

Since you are not seeing these in BOP Troubleshooting, could you please also check if you can see these STOs in APO (e.g. /SAPAPO/RRP3) and also share the filter type config (SPRO -> GATP -> BOP -> Maintain Filter Type)

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Prasun

I can see the STO in BOP now! (not sure what was wrong) but my original problem remains. As mentioned is the BOP does not update the results I guess back to ECC and only when I do the manual ATP check I can create Delivery in ECC.

Can this be the problem with BOP update back to ECC.

BOP settings:

Selected all the events

Sort profile contains:

1.Delivery Priority ( this is same for all as of now)

2. MAD

3.Created On

Thanks in advance

RK

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Check if the distribution definition for external procurement (21) is defined in transaction /SAPAPO/CP1 !! If not, you need to create one for the plant. Check if the update via BOPI is working and if you find any messages in the TA /SAPAPO/BOP_RESULT about the update.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Michael

Yes, distribution definition is maintained and BOP result says updated or checked in some time. But even when it says updated, the ECC STO is not updated with new qty.

BOPI does update!

Can you suggest another check point!

Thanks in advance

RK

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Make sure that the following notes are implemented:

1444078 ATP in ME22N commits other delivery date than BOP

1522246 STO committed quantity of first line is not deleted by BOP

1547002 Integration after BOP - error 'Different number of lines'

1524703 STO changed by BOP in APO - uncorrect MBDAT in ECC

1470207 STO committed date of first line is not updated by BOP

recheck the issue with a new STO afterwards. If the issue still persits I can just recommend to raise a new message fpr SAP support.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael

I am checking on the notes, however in the meanwhile, just thought to mention:

I am getting error:

Check instruction / U does not exist for location product XXXX / XXXX

Does this sounds linked to the error!!

As I dont know where is this Business Event 'U' coming from.!! And its not maintained anywhere. Kindly let me know you guys know where it relates to!

Thanks in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

Yah, I have seen this. BOP 'defaults' this BE for STO's as hardcoded, in two includes: /SAPAPO/ATPCONST_BOP and /SAPAPO/CL_ATPBOP_C. I probably should have raised a message with SAP; to either understand why, or to get it fixed, but I was in a hurry, and it was quicker to change the Checking rule in ECC to 'U' for SCM managed STOs, and then configure "U" BE in SCM.

You could try assigning the 'right' BE to the source location (plant)(/SAPAPO/LOC3) to see if that helps, provided it doesn't violate any other business requirements. I never actually tried this for the 'U' issue, no guarantees. Definitely worth a try.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot DB

I have already tried the second point .. location master..it works I know, however I think this will hamper in our other process and even Sales Orders!

So I did create check instruciton but that didnt work.. Can you say if I am missing something here, Please!

What I did is: Created a checking rule in ECC and assigned it to checking group in ECC and also had check inistruciton in APO.. But I guess I am missing the link you mentioned. ... 'Checking rule for SCM Managed STOs..' can you please suggest where I must do this!

Thanks in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK_79,

So I did create check instruction but that didnt work..

I believe you will find that the error message has a 'blank' just before the /U. This means that the ATP cannot find the Check Mode. Is there a Check Mode in the Product Master?

As an aside, I hope you do not assume that I meant that I just created the new Business Event. In order for everything to remain consistent going forward, I REMOVED all configuration for the original Business Event (& Checking rule in ERP) and replaced it with 'U', for all STOs/STPRs that were to be managed in SCM. I wasn't willing to wait the time it would take to get a response from SAP for non-emergency messages.

I still believe it is worth raising a message to SAP, if you can afford to wait.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB

Thanks for your reply, yes there is a check mode in the product location master data!

And I am getting following errors:

Check Instruction 050 / U does not exist for location product 1458f6 / 4021

Check Mode 050 and business event U not defined

Internal Error : item 450003724 / 000010

Check Instruction / U does not exist for location product 1458f6 / 4021

So here I have both 050 and ' ' before ' / U' and for the same material!! Thats crazy

In addition I didnt get when you say you did not create a business event ' U' . So without creating Availability check / Business Event how would you create Check Instruction

Can you please walk me through the steps if you dont mind!

I will be raising to SAP, however internally I need to prove that 'U' event is the bottom of the error!

Thanks a lot in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

"Crazy" is a misnomer when dealing with software. The only things in this business that are crazy are the clients. Unfortunately, they also pay the bills, so you have to live with such insanity.

According to your error message, you haven't defined 050 / U. I don't know the entire scenario, but to me this is a red flag that must be addressed regardless of any other steps you take. You must either create these check instructions, or eliminate objects that are calling for this combination.

I just reviewed my posts, and I don't see any place there where I said I did not create 'U'. I did say I removed my original BE, which wasn't 'U'. My original BE for STOs and STPrqs was 'ST'. I removed this from both R/3 and SCM. Then I created 'U' in R/3 and 'U' in SCM.

1. R/3: SM30 > view V_441R Create 'U' Checking Rule.

2. R/3: SM30 > view V_441V Create Availability check as necessary using 'U' Check rule and the Availability checks you will be using.

3. R/3: SM30 > view V_161V doc category B remove your existing check rule and replace with 'U'

4. R/3: SM30 > view V_161V doc category F Remove your existing check rule and replace with 'U'.

5. SCM SM30 > View /SAPAPO/V_ATP02 > Create BE 'U'

6. SCM SM30 > View /SAPAPO/V_ATP07 > Remove the existing check instructions for STOs. Create new check instructions as necessary for STOs, using BE 'U'.

7. SCM SM34 > Dialogue /SAPAPO/ATPC04_05 > Remove the existing Check control(s) for STOs. Add the appropriate Check control items using BE 'U'.

I don't really know if the 'U' issue is related to your original problem. I am only responding to the part of your post where you said

I am getting error:

Check instruction / U does not exist for location product XXXX / XXXX

FYI throughout this post, I have been assuming that you have no userexits/BADIs activated, on either side (R/3 nor SCM) nor are you using RBA. Either of these events would mean additional troubleshooting steps would be required.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot DB< Great, wonderful, champion you are (Points awarded )

It worked for me and the best thing is I did the change only in APO, without any modification in R3 and it went on without a hitch.

Do you see any concerns in that. Ideally I believe it should sync but just to avoid some testing bits

Also I havent seen the original error coming up, but as I did this test in sandbox, will replicate this in quality and close this thread then.

Thanks for all your support DB and Prasun and Michael.

Cheers

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK.

I believe it should sync but just to avoid some testing bits

Trying to avoid testing is a fool's errand. In the long run, you end up with more work and higher implementation costs.

If you are using 'U' for BOP, and "something-else" for other purposes, there should be no problems, as long as the 'U' setup is a mirror of the 'something-else' setup. I can't speak from experience, though, because I have never tried this in a working system. I personally couldn't sleep at night with such a setup, but that's probably my OCD talking. Before I would leave two different BEs as 'active' for STOs, I would raise a message with SAP, and make them come up with a resolution.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again DB

I cannot more agree with you on this when I myself have been advocating the same as you mentioned! Also yes U is used for BOP and other BE for other purposes.

And as I have already raised this with SAP, and thats the reason I accepted client's agreement on this as it being for a short term solution only! and infact this lead me doing more testing in test environment than I would have in normal sync system

Anyhow I completely respect your thought on this!

I am not yet not closing this thread as I am not sure if it solves my original message!

Thanks again!

-RK