cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Defect Overview Screen during Defect recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have following scenario. We are using Inspection type 01 (Goods Receipt) & 0101 (Model Goods Receipt) for the incoming RM inspection. We have already set up for automatic defect recording on the background for the Quality Notification type Q2.

Now when I am creating a lot and recording the results for the model inspection type (0101), if any defects are recorded, then the system is automatically creating defect record on the background and raising the quality Notification properly.

But when I am creating a lot and recording the results for the normal Goods Receipt (01), if any defects are recorded, then the system is mandatorily taking me to another screen 'Defect Overview for Charec: Change'. In this screen I need to manually select 'Code Group' which I don't want to as I have already assigned the proper defect code in MIC.

As the system is configured to create defect records in the background, it should create for the normal goods receipt as well. Only difference I am seeing from model inspection type and normal inspection type is the task list usage which is 51 and 5 respectively. Sampling for model inspection is 100% where as normal goods receipt is according to the different sampling procedure.

Please advise how can we acheive to hide this screen for the normal goods receipt inspection type?

Regards,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have something different between the two inspection types.

Check that both are using the same notification in the configuration of the inspection types.

Check that the work centers used have the same report type assigned.

Just basically step through all the setup you did for 0101 for 01 and make sure they are identical. You have something different somewhere.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R there different notification types assigned to the inspection types??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

correct ,

assignment of same notification against inspection type and assignment of report type needs to be checked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned same notification type to the inspection types. Therefore both inspection types will have the same confirmation profile only. I have checked the settings of both inspection types and except task list usage, 100% inspection and skips allowed all other settings are same.

Also one more thing which I have noticed is eventhough I have attached same sampling proceudre in the inspection plan for both inspection types , lot generated for 0101 inspection type samples are getting manually valuated where as 01 samples are getting valuated automatically.

I am not able to find any other difference which is causing this issue.

Please reply.

Regards,

R.Ponniah

Edited by: Ponniah on Jan 21, 2012 6:43 AM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your sampling procedures. Since you have different task list usages you are using different inspection plans so the sampling procedures can be different. Since you have one using manual valuation, you must be using different sampling procedures.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using same sampling procedure for bot the inspection plans. (0101 & 01) Sampling procedure is defined - Sampling type as 'Fixed Sample' and Valuation mode as 'Attributive Inspection nonconf. units' and sample size is given as 2.

But when I go for result recoding of the lot generated for 0101, it is asking for manual valuation where as result recoding of the lot generated for 01 is getting valuated automatciallly I am little puzzled about this as well.

Only difference I am guessing is 01 sample size is taken as 2 where as 0101 mode inspection sample size is calculated as full qty.

RP

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are all your characteristics set up the same way in each plan? Check the control indicators on EACH characteristic. One of them might be set up with 100% inspection. Make sure all of them are set as fixed scope.

FF

Answers (0)