cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRm implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is it necessary and mandatory to implement Service desk before I can configure ChaRM in Solman 7.0 EHP 1 ?

Cheers!!

Shobhit Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, its not mandatory, but you should upgrade to 7.1 when you get a chance. I recommend it, ahead of implementing ChaRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand 7.1 is latest, but i don't find any reasons to not use 7.0 EHP when 7.1 is LMDB based and 7.0 EHP 1 is SLD based.

I heard that Service desk is must because that's how you will create change request in ChaRM, any idea about it ??

Cheers !!

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have maintained your SLD well enough, 7.1 LMDB synch is not a pain. Remember that theoretically speaking, 7.1 is SLD based as well, the central SLD in your landscape that is.

Also, from a Change Management standpoint, implementing it on 7.1 is a lot better, since that is one of the USP's of the new version. But you can decide what suits your requirements better.

Service Desk is not a mandatory setting anyway, The recommendation is you should have an associated Incident report for a change request, if you are maintaining an external service desk, while creating the Change request in the transaction CRMD_ORDER you should be able to make a reference to it, and that should provide you traceability. If you plan to have a report tying the incidents to the change requests, you will have to customize the CRMD_ORDER screen to suit your needs.

You should be fine with using CRMD_ORDER and the legacy CRM transactions in 7.0 though.

I highly recommend reviewing this blog by Dolores, that explains the new features of ChaRM on SolMan 7.1 before you take up ChaRM on 7.0

Hope that Helps!

Cheers!!

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit

Already everyone mentioned that service desk is not mandatory for charm so I suppose you must be clear about it

for creating change request directly ..you can do that in change management workcenter in solman 7.0 ehp1 itself using Create change request link....so its not mandatory that you first create a service desk message and then create a change request.

more over about 7.1 it is latest ofcourse so have lots of new features like you can have mutliple approvers for a single change document etc.

Practical exp....its not an easy task to learn and immediately implement new technology in a short go ...so if you are implementing charm first time for practice or testing do it in 7.0 ehp1....atleast you have better idea...

BUT its always customer based requirement so decide by comparing both version functionalities

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First understood Change request is different from your normal incident ticket.

So you can create a CR from incident ticket or directly (without Incident Ticket), by clicking the action "Create Change request".

read all the blogs related to Change request management for Solman 7.0 Ehp1

if you want the demo for hw to create CR, NC,UC. you can check it on service.sap.com\rkt-solman.

Best of luck.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

could you please tell me the configuration to create CR from incident ticket.I am using solution manager 7.1.

Thanks

Sajin TS