cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map UNSPSC code to Material Group for punch-out catalogues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anyone share an experience with the best way of mapping UNSPSC codes to Material Groups for punch-out catalogues.

I've been looking at the Schema config under the Content Management section in the IMG (Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Master Data > Content Management > Mapping for Schemas) but can't really find any docuemtnation to describe exactly how this can be used.

I guess the alternative option is to create a custom table and use the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI but if this can be done as standard using config rather than ABAP developemnt that would be a preferable solution.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my experience with UNSPSC codes, catalog transfer badi is the best way to go about it. As you that this will be called ONLY when you are going for catalogue items and and the flow is very well controlled here. (of-course you need the custom table to map the codes)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way is to activate the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI. this encompasses or can be customized accordingly to

1. To map UNSPSC with Product Categories/Material groups (however custom z table needs to be created which does the mapping)

2. Some supplier catalogs will send too much information, most of which is not necessary for SRM, here whatever is needed can be filtered out

This BADI overall enriches the data transferred from the supplier.

hope this helps!

Thanks,

Prashanth