Sender RFC Adapter AND Rec. File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Workflow of my scenario is like this :

<b>SAP R/3 ---> Sender RFC Adapter ---> XI Server -

> Rec. File Adapter -

> Legacy System</b>

I am using Async Inbound interface for this as I dont need any response back & I just need to create file.

I am just picking some data from BAPI & creating a file on a folder in Legacy System.

Now during execution, file is getting created but I am getting dump on SAP R/3 and even when I am using Async communication, response is coming back from Legacy Business System ( service ) & giving an error " <i>No Mapping Program Found</i> " in sxmb_moni.

Kindly suggest how can I avoid getting response from Legacy System. Pls. take note again I am using Async Inbound Interface.

Regards

- Lalit -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

Can you confirm that you are using AYSNCH MESSAGE INTERFACES for both the RFC and FILE?

In this scenario, do not use your RFC itself as the Message Interface, create an Aynch Message Interface for the RFC and use the same and i think it should work.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try what Bhavesh said, i think it should work.

Are u sure you gave the addition IN BACKGROUND TASK while calling the RFC from R/3.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try what Bhavesh said and I think it should work.

Are u sure that you gave the addition IN BACKGROUND TASK while calling the RFC from R/3

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. I have started working on this & will let you know with results.

Prakash, what exactly you mean by " <i>IN BACKGROUND TASK</i> ", I am not into ABAP so can you pls. explain this part.

thanks

- Lalit -

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

When your RFC is called from R/3 by default it would be in Sync mode. When this is in Sync mode it obviously will expect a response and where as in your scenario XI dose'nt give any response and there is no mapping for that and I think that is the reason you are getting that error.

So when your Sender RFC is triggered it will like this in ABAP

CALL Function "Function Name" <SM59 Destination>

and this is Sync call. To make it Async i should be

CALL Function "Function Name" IN BACKGROUND TASK <SM59 Destination>

Hoep this helps

Thanks,

Prakash

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>and this is Sync call. To make it Async i should be

I hate to differ but actually it wud be incorrect/confusing to say the above.

'In background task' is for transactional RFCs and in this case if a call is sent, and the receiving system is down, the call remains in the local queue until a later

time. The calling dialog program can proceed without waiting to see whether or not the remote

call was successful. If the receiving system does not become active within a certain amount of

time, the call is scheduled to run in batch.

.......... and not asynchronous as we mean in XI sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Making diffrent Interface for RFC is not working, I am getting an error " Sender Agreement not found ".

This error is coming because when RFC is called Interface name ( <i>RFC name itself</i> )& namespace name ( <i>urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions</i> ) is different from the values I gave in my sender agreement in ID.

Kindly suggest

- lalit -