Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 SPNEGO and change of datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to setup SPNEGO/Kerberos on a PI 7.11.

Even though it's on the latest SP-level it's still using the old SPNEGO wizard.

One prereq for the spnego wizard is that the datasource is changed to use LDAP as read only (still want to use ABAP DB as well).

In earlier releases you changed this in config tool but now it's in nwa. However here I cannot select anything but the ABAB and even though I upload a new one (like the old datasourceconfiguration_ads_readonly_db_with_krb5.xml which was used in the old 7.0) I can still only select ABAP.

Do you know if this is special for 7.1 or do I do something wrong?

Best regards

Flemming

2 REPLIES 2

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding is that changing the datasource from abap to anything else is not supported, thats why you can only see the abap datasource. If you are still going to use the abap datasource you can still use the new spnego module with out any issues. it should still work without any issues. once you apply the new module you set the mapping in the spnego wizard to attribute then krb...., you shouldn't need to change the data source xml. i recommend trying it out on a test system. (the alternative is re-install to change the ume to ldap)

Kind regards,

Cathal

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that there is an option to select the UME Datasource other than ABAP during installation due to the integrated feaute of PI.