cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Append, Update options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

While trying to upload the qualified links in the main table i selected the append option for the qualifier field in main table

My destination already has data.

I used the replace option in the qualifier field and was able to see the apt result

but when i try to use the append option my destination data remains unchanged, (their are no additions to the record even after using append option).

i even tried using the update option by selecting the Yes qualifiers as matching fields and selecting the Create option for new records and update all mapped values for existing record but this doesent work aswell.

Can anyone explain the system behaviour?

Regards,

Sharma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Where have you checked this option in the mapping area or in Configiuration file.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

I have checked this option in the Import managers Field/value mapping tab's destination grid.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Provide the Qualified Table details .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Below are the details

Qualified table Name - Distributor.

Distributor has below 3 fields

1. Name (Text) - Display field.--->No Qualifier

2. Dist Number(Text) - Yes Qualifier

3. Price(Text) - Yes Qualifier

The No qualifier is mapped to the main table's Distributor field. by Right clicking on the main table field called distributor of type (qualified multi valued) i am setting the Append or Update option.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

When you select append option you need to select the matching qualifier also properly against which it compares.

If you have selected one qualifier it will check if the same qualifier exists it will not consider it as change and will not append.

Please check

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

Yes i selected both the fields as matching fields and tried to upload.

If you have selected one qualifier it will check if the same qualifier exists it will not consider it as change and will not append.

Even if you select one qualifier as matching field it will check if the qualifier is already present in destination, if the qualifier is not present in destination it will Append the value, else it will not append.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Yes correct even if the qualifier is not there it will append but if qualifier matches it will not append.

So are you still facing difficulty?

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the values are not getting Appended :(.

are you able to get the correct output?

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Yes Iam getting the output correctly i tries with one qualifier and both qualifier as matching qualifier and getting result correctly.

Check you mapping once again.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Loaded the same filed today and got the correct results. again not sure why the system behaved strangly. even earlier i double checked the mapping and Append and update options, they were maintained the correctly.Today after import i got an error message that some values could not be loaded, but when i checked all the values were loaded and i got the result as required

Rgds,

Sharma.