cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC receiver channel, message not reflecting in Receiver ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Receiver RFC adapter to call a custom RFC (ASynchronous call). It was working fine, But now after we made a few changes in the mapping. The message is successful in PI, but it is not visible in ECC. When I check in RWB, I think the payload is not going correctly to ECC. I have re-imported the RFC and tried as well. It still does not work.

Kindlhy let me know what to do.

Rgds,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am quite sure you will find no further info about your error in PI. As this is async scenario, PI considers the processing successfull right after it technically delivers data to ECC. Try looking for the error in ECC just the way I described before:

check st22 and sm13 in your ECC systems to check for errors/dumps in RFC processing - as this is an async scenario, PI would not know about these. If none of these succeeds, run your RFC-enabled function in debug mode in ECC, using the same set of data that was used in your error example (take them from PI message payload).

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think the BAPI is not successful in ECC. All the required mandatory fields for the BAPI are not provided. Just figured out that.

Willl the message appear in SXMB_MONI.

Rgds,

Mithun

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

To post BAPI/IDoc succesfully in to SAP ECC tables you need to map required fields,PI point oif view it will not throw any error(CC level or MONI LEVEL)(if you dont map required fields) but data will not be posted.

take help from ABAPer and identify required fields and map .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

But will the message atleast show up in SXMB_MONI... Can we see a BAPI message in the MONI?

Rgds,

Mithun

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

You will not get any message in ECC sxi_monitor transaction. To look ahead for error, Tell the abaper to set external break point in the BAPI and execute the scenario in PI. This will open debugger screen. That will help you to identifiy exact issue.

Also provide the same set of data to abaper what you are passing from PI to BAPI and tell him to test it in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajhans,

we just checked with the abap guy, the Payload was taken from PI and tested directly in the BAPI in ECC system.

Its working fine. What else can we do.

Rgds,

Mithun

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

As I told in my last post, Have you tested the scenario by putting external debugging point in BAPI?

By doing so you will get to know what error you are getting. For this you will need help of ABAPER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajhan,

My abaper is doing that, By that time, i just saw the payload in the message display tool(MDT) in RWB...

it looks like some junk data

"QT00010101000120120119201201202012012020121231USD38130511T-F399000110000010001585030512T-F299000110000010001210SP0000001002"

where as in sxmb_moni of PI system the payload after mapping is

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns1:BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2 xmlns:ns1="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

- <QUOTATION_HEADER_IN>

<DOC_TYPE>QT</DOC_TYPE>

<SALES_ORG>0001</SALES_ORG>

<DISTR_CHAN>01</DISTR_CHAN>

<DIVISION>01</DIVISION>

<PMNTTRMS>0001</PMNTTRMS>

<QT_VALID_F>20120119</QT_VALID_F>

<QT_VALID_T>20120120</QT_VALID_T>

<CT_VALID_F>20120120</CT_VALID_F>

<CT_VALID_T>20121231</CT_VALID_T>

<CURRENCY>USD</CURRENCY>

</QUOTATION_HEADER_IN>

<SALESDOCUMENTIN>381</SALESDOCUMENTIN>

- <QUOTATION_ITEMS_IN>

- <item>

<ITM_NUMBER>30511</ITM_NUMBER>

<MATERIAL>T-F399</MATERIAL>

<PLANT>0001</PLANT>

<TARGET_QTY>100</TARGET_QTY>

<SHORT_TEXT />

<MATL_GROUP />

<CUST_GROUP />

<PRICE_DATE />

<SHIP_POINT>0001</SHIP_POINT>

<TARGET_VAL>5850</TARGET_VAL>

</item>

- <item>

<ITM_NUMBER>30512</ITM_NUMBER>

<MATERIAL>T-F299</MATERIAL>

<PLANT>0001</PLANT>

<TARGET_QTY>100</TARGET_QTY>

<SHORT_TEXT />

<MATL_GROUP />

<CUST_GROUP />

<PRICE_DATE />

<SHIP_POINT>0001</SHIP_POINT>

<TARGET_VAL>210</TARGET_VAL>

</item>

</QUOTATION_ITEMS_IN>

- <QUOTATION_PARTNERS>

- <item>

<PARTN_ROLE>SP</PARTN_ROLE>

<PARTN_NUMB>0000001002</PARTN_NUMB>

<NAME />

<REGION />

</item>

</QUOTATION_PARTNERS>

</ns1:BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2>"

ANY SUGGESTIONS... This is PI 7.1 so its auto commit for the RFC receiver adapter rite. should i tick some option or what else can we do

Rgds,

Mithun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

First of all, check the status of your call in RWB in receiver communication channel - is it ok? Secondly, check st22 and sm13 in your ECC systems to check for errors/dumps in RFC processing - as this is an async scenario, PI would not know about these. If none of these succeeds, run your RFC-enabled function in debug mode in ECC, using the same set of data that was used in your error example (take them from PI message payload).

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Tried everything. Tested then mapping, Its successful. and re-activated the channel in channel monitoring also. Its still not working.

Rgds,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

please follow below steps:

s1: in mapping level , you need to test tartget message and check cache status.

s2: dummy change in RFC comm channel and re-activate it. Then restart it.

s3:if s2 ll not work then ,IN runtime workbench Stop and start the comm channel

and Once ypou check your Target structure and DB Structure in ECC

Edited by: bhavanisankar.solasu on Jan 19, 2012 10:28 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have done change in mapping then test your mapping with test data in ESR level and check desired output coming or not.

if desired output coming then problem with data.

Please debug your function module with data at ECC level then you will get clear picture.