cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSCA 12B scenario in Volume tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking at the TSCA 12B scenario in Volume tracking. According to the SAP customizing note, there should be standard customizing for this scenario in the IMG activity Specify scenario's. When looking in that IMG scenario, I can't find any standard settings for TSCA 12B. Other IMG activities mentioned in the customizing note have specific settings for TSCA 12B.

I am wondering now. Is a customizing setting necessary in the IMG activity Specifi scenario or is this scenario partly hardcoded in the ABAP programs? I am suspicious because the SAP customizing note is mentioning that a real substance should be linked to the material master and that the composition is not exploded. These are typical settings that can be influenced by custom functions and have to be activated by the settings in the Specifi scenario settings. Do anyone has set-up this scenario and can tell?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

we are not using the SVT with TSCA 12b.

Please refer e.g. to:

http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/Chem_Global/Documentation/SAP_WhitePaper_Substance_Volume_Tracking_Eh...

and to the SAP Note you have mentioned ( I assume you think of SAP Note 945038.)

There it is mentioned that in IMG you will find some hints how to do the set up fo SVT TSCA 12b.

Regarding your other topics:

1.) I am looking at the TSCA 12B scenario in Volume tracking. According to the SAP customizing note, there should be standard customizing for this scenario in the IMG activity Specify scenario's. When looking in that IMG scenario, I can't find any standard settings for TSCA 12B. Other IMG activities mentioned in the customizing note have specific settings for TSCA 12B.

=> I am not sure if SAP is really providing here a "example" setup. I believe they are provding only a default set up regarding REACh

2.)I am wondering now. Is a customizing setting necessary in the IMG activity Specifi scenario or is this scenario partly hardcoded in the ABAP programs?

=> According to SAP note and pdf file (refer above): you need to do set up in IMG

3.) I am suspicious because the SAP customizing note is mentioning that a real substance should be linked to the material master and that the composition is not exploded. These are typical settings that can be influenced by custom functions and have to be activated by the settings in the Specifi scenario settings. Do anyone has set-up this scenario and can tell?

TSCA 12B is "very special" to my knowledge; may be take a look here:

http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-CBRC_QUAN_TSCA

I believe this link might help you.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: regarding legislation please refer to e.g.: http://www.epa.gov/oppt/import-export/pubs/sec12.html

According to this: TSCA 12b is an "export regulation" (and not like REACH a regulation related to import/production).

You need not "count" the amount of specifications; you need only to know which specification (chemical) is exported; only if your material (= REAL_SUB) contains chemicals as listed you need to announce that to EPA.

Therefore in my opinion: you need to "explode" the composition (and you need to have the relation material number = REAL_SUB) but you need not to count the "track substance" like in the case of REACH; therefore the set up of TSCA 12B is in my opinion only related to scenario "EXP" (= Export). Be aware of the fact that the regulation might be as "complex" as REACH (I have read only cross; please study the regulation carefully)

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 10:57 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 10:59 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 11:13 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 11:23 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 11:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link mentioned in the response is the standard help. Only solution now is testing the functionality and debug the functions to prevent cumbersome trial and error sessions.

So I started and soon discovered that customizing settings where missing. Actually also the ABAP code was mentioning settings that were necessary to do also. Now I am able to run the TSCA12 B scenario and the Notification scenario. In the meantime I got a good understanding how the different functions are working together and know where I have to adapt the functionality according to our requirements.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Are you willing to share what 1.) IMG settings and what 2.) Program changes you made please?

Thanks

jv

+

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul ,

Can we follow tsca and dsl the similar way like reach to handle svt ?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

please check my answer in the other thread you generated.

From SAP EHS SVT perspective: you can use this software as well for "US" or "CA" tracking; but legal demand is different.

C.B.