cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error: hostname is morethan 13 character long .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have downloaded sap Netweaver 7.01 ABAP Trial version.But I tried to Install it and getting error message which says that host name exceeds 13 character and to resolve that SAP Note(611361) has also been mentioned. I have gone through that and resolved the hostname issue but still getting the same issue. I am fresher to BASIS. My machine H/W is Intel Core2duo processor, 4GM RAM,320 HDD.OS Windows server 2008. This is as per the system requirement to install the product. Please help me to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Raman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change your host name/Computername to something meaningful and having less than 13 letters ,The name you mentioned is more than 13 please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks all of you for your suggestions, the mentioned problem has been resolved.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman,

Glad to know that issue is resolved. It would be great if you share the resolution steps.

Suggest you close this thread.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps which I have gone through to resolve the issue is by using netdom command since I am using Windows 2008 server. Initially my uninstallation procedure was incorrect.Thts why I was getting the error.

Regards,

Raman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Should I format my PC and then start fresh installation? I have already done so but still getting same error. As per guidelines registry needs to be cleaned if someone try to install again in the same H/W. I have done the things as per guidelines but still getting the same error! Please help.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raman

Can you mention the hostname of your machine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashankar,

By default windows hostname is like WIN-94CX1930EF21or some other characters but pattern is like this.

Regards,

Raman

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested Please restart the system and try again.The hostname should not be greater than 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I hope now you changed the hostname as mentioned in that note. As Deepak said, please restart your PC and install from the scratch.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

You need to rectify the hostname. Clear the old installation and start fresh installation.

Regards,

Deepak Kori