cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master drawing attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to attached PDF drawings to material master. But i want scenario like if once i link drawing in mm master then it will automatically attached with all documents like PR PO which is created for the particular material.

No need to attached again and again in PR and PO please guide me for the same.

I searched all forum it doesn't work for me.

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you mind sharing which approach you applied?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Functionality of passing attachment from material master to purchasing document is not possible via standard SAP through both the possible attachment functionality

- GOS (generic object services) attachment which you get in most of the transaction.

- DMS ( document management system) where you create DIR(Document info record) through CV01N.

You have to attach the document seperately in material master and in purchasing document. But if you attach the document in purchase requisition, it will flow to purchase order. Otherwise you have develop a new Tcode which is copy ME21N to fetch the document attached in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this will be achieved with DMS system only. same is in implementation phase in my organization.

Regards,

Sandesh Sawant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Using DMS(Document Management System) it must be possible. I have not used it. Please check.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30bba04a-0114-2d10-6696-9898522c9...

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/CADMS/CADMS.pdf

Reply to similar question found from net follows

' Yes, it is possible to store images to the materials. here you have at least 2 options, DMS and GOS.

DMS is document manament system, here it is even possible to classify the images for a better search. GOS is generic object services which is available in the maintenace transactions for material master and several other objects. Pretty easy to use, but....you cannot search for the images, you always have to go into the material and fom there you have to open the GOS to see whether an image exists or not.

further you should think about the place where you store these images and other attachments, I mean in SAP table system or in an optical disc system linked to SAP, which is much cheaper diskspace than the SAP tablespace.

A migration from DMS to DMS is relatively easy and can be accomplished with IDOCs via LSMW or ALE scenario.

Migration of GOS attachements is challenging. Nothing ready for use exists in SAP to do it. '

Hope it helps

sBk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better to implement DMS module for your requirement.

View this article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30bba04a-0114-2d10-6696-9898522c97df

Very helpful presentation from SDN team.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandesh Sawant

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I searched all forum it doesn't work for me.

>>> Neither it's possible,