cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down filed: System is not giving chance to user to keep it as blank!

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing interactive form, where in we have a bunch of drop-down fields, i have created them by dragging Enumarated Drop-down (no select) item from WebDynPro Native section of palatte and dropped on my_form, fine.

This my_form will be launched from my_WDA (webdynpro application)

I am filling these drop-down field's list from my_WDA. Say the list contain 3 entries like entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3

When i executed it (my_WDA) from SE80 my_form is launching on the browser and i saw the drop-down fields with out any populating the value(blank) on the form.

If i drop-down the list then i can see all entrires (entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3), fine

Issue is: Say, by mistake user has selected entry_2, hence the entry_2 is populated on that drop-down field, fine....but after couple of seconds user has realised that, its a mistake and user want to keep that drop-down field as is (meaning, blank), but, there is no chance! Once dropped down the list, user invariably has to select any one of entry from the list! There is no chance of keeping the drop-down field as blank!

Pls. let me know how can i fix my issue ( i passed an INITIAL entry along with other 3 enties: entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3? so total 4) but no USE?

Passing INITIAL entry has not worked! bcz adobe is deleting this INITAIL entry from the list

Is there any standard/good practice to achieve my requirement?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What would you do to solve this in a Web Dynpro ABAP "native" dropdown listbox?

-> Define a valueSet (entry_1, entry_2, entry_3) for the Context Attribute which is bound to the dropdown listbox (DropDownByKey: property "selectedKey") or set the property "Type" to an ABAP DDIC type which has a domain with a value range assigned (data element DATATYPE for example)

-> Set the property "Null Value" for this Context Attribute to abap_true (that's the trick!)

What do you have to do for Dropdowns in interactive forms:

The same. See Web Dynpro ABAP test application WDR_TEST_ADOBE_ZCI, view T_BASIC, Context node DATEN, attributes DATATYPE and DATATYPE_NULLABLE (the application is available for SAP NetWeaver 7 EhP2 and higher)

Regards,

Ralf

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.

-Thank you

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Compare your application with WDR_TEST_ADOBE. You can run it in SE80.

Regards,

Diego

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not see any clue here in this test huge WDA!

Thank you

preethi_santhanam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have your dropdown populated with a fourth value, with key as say 'X' and value as space. When user selects a blank value in dropdown(assuming that the drop-down just has values as opposed to key-value pairs), write code in WDA to save the value as space in db.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Preethi.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?

Thank you

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?