cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of Dictionary Search Help Not Working as Original Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a form where I have 4 input fields - DOKNR, DOKAR, DOKTL, DOKVR. For these fields Automatic search help that is used is CV01. When I select DOKNR, all other fields are automatically populated based on the record I select.

However due to customer requirements, I have to make some changes in this search help. So I made a copy of this search help -ZCV01 and activated the same. Subsequently, I changed the Automatic Search help to Dictionary Search help and provided name as ZCV01. When I test my application, there is an issue. Now if I select the DOKNR only the field in DOKNR is populated, the other fields remain blank.

I am really surprised as my help is an exact copy of the standard search help created using the COPY function in SE11.

Any explanation of this behavior and a possible solution will really help.

Thank You.

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just adding to Thomas , If u create those attributes seperatly without additional attributes from table then search help will not appear, then you have to manually write the search help in properties of attribute which has to be populate for particular field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just adding more once different attributes are created for 4 fields and adding the Z search help for four columns , As per standard functionlaity it may not populate remaining fields with the value selcted in DOKNR , So you need to code in on change event of DOKNR element such that value selected in DOKNR is filled in remaing fields using set_attribute .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srikanth,

I understand your point but how can I find out the value of other fields in the change event of DOKNR since in that event, I will only have one value for DOKNR. Is there a way I can read the other search help attributes value?

Please help

Regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you mentioned the standard search help populates other values automatically based on DOKNR value , So in this case on change of doknr event you need to code same as standard search help such that the attributes binded other 3 fields are filled with values based on DOKNR selected , There is no need of on cahnge event of other three .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is becuase the mapping of exporting parameters of the search help into additional context attributes is done via the data dictionary assignement. It is the Data Dictionary structure or table that defines the context node that contains the mapping of the search help to fields. You would also need to change or use a different data dictionary structure/table as the source of the context node and change the search help mapping of this data dictionary object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing the insights.

Here is what I did. I created 4 data elements which are copy of standard data elements DOKNR, DOKAR, DOKVR, DOKTL. I also created a search help with search help parameters having these new data element type.

I then created a structure with these 4 parameters and assigned to my context node. Now in Automatic search help for all the attributes I can see my custom search help.

I tested and it still gives me the same problem.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here.

Regards,

Jai