SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD-FICA Integration - Taxes and Invoicing in FICA

dutiwari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We trying to integrate SD-FICA and have few questions regarding the integration, see my questions below -

1. Can SD-FICA be integrated in such a way so that invoice can be printed directly from FICA even though contract account does not have any IS-U consumption contracts? If Yes, do we have to configure the new functionality SAP Convergent Invoicing to achieve this?

2. In current ERP system, taxes are not getting calculated, can taxes be added to FICA document once accounting document is posted to FICA or taxes can only be calculated and posted in SD and then passed to FICA?

3. Can SD Orders be posted with IS-U contract? It is not very clear from SAP documentation that if it is Sales Order Contract or IS-U contract?

I will appreciate any inputs or insight to these questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

#1 can be achieved with some enhancements via FQEVENTS.  The bill form might need changes as well since there would not be any consumption details.  Convergent Invoicing would not be used, as that is a very separate process from ISU invoicing, and would require different master data and transactions to execute.

#2 taxes are generally only calculated in the billing engine and thus would be executed in SD and passed to FICA.

#3 - i am not clear what you are asking here.  SD sales orders would not be created referring to ISU contracts, only SD contracts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

#1 can be achieved with some enhancements via FQEVENTS.  The bill form might need changes as well since there would not be any consumption details.  Convergent Invoicing would not be used, as that is a very separate process from ISU invoicing, and would require different master data and transactions to execute.

#2 taxes are generally only calculated in the billing engine and thus would be executed in SD and passed to FICA.

#3 - i am not clear what you are asking here.  SD sales orders would not be created referring to ISU contracts, only SD contracts.