cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value in custom field in webdynpro screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have added a custom field in the Item level for Shopping Cart (SRM 7.1).

I however want a default value to show up or get populated in that custom field all the time. What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks.

Anuradha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

depends upon how you have added it.

if its just though the structures and not added in the WD then you need to do it with doc-change badi.. and this is a preferred option.

if you have done it though WD then you can default the values using the post exits in the INIT method.

you can check if the value is blank then populate this default value (so that it does not overwrite the edited values).

moreover, do you want it as a non editable field or just a default value which user can change on the screen as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

We are in SRM 7.0. I have added a custom field in Rfx Response screen thorugh SPRO.

Fields are displayed correctly.

I ahve a requirement to maintain a default value and as you suggesed i will maintain it in Doc-Change BADI.

Also i need to enable/disable the feild based on the user role. Like for Suppliers the fields should be disabled with default value and for Buyers it should be enable with default value. Any easy way to achieve this.

Regards

Punit

Answers (0)