Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and BW 7.3 User Master Comparison

wilder_latino
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have added a role to a user via CUA for our BW 7.3 system but when I checked in the child system the user master comparison is not completed for that specific role. Any suggestion.

24 REPLIES 24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run SCUL in CUA and check the status of your request. A very generic cause of this issue is IDOCs not getting processed.

For further investigation brush through other posts on the Forum. This is a very common issue.

0 Kudos

Did that several times and nothing. Also ran RSCCUSND and still nothing.

0 Kudos

OK... remove the child system from CUA and reassign. Also have you checked the RFC connection between CUA and BI system?

0 Kudos

I did that already twice. Also checked the RFC and all is perfect. Remote Logon - Good, Connection Test is Good and Authorization is good.

0 Kudos

So, you mean to say after all these investigations, although roles get assigned to the user in Child system but user master comparison is not getting done in the child system?

0 Kudos

Exactly!! Roles do get assigned but user master comparison is not happening. Every other system it happens.

Any suggestion??

0 Kudos

So, this is not the problem is not with your CUA but with BW system.

Try the following,

Open any role in PFCG

Utilities ® Settings ® Automatic comparison at save

Please also provide me with the table entries for SSm_CUST and PRGN_CUST

0 Kudos

Utilities ® Settings ® Automatic comparison at save - I did before that also did not work.

Those tables are blank.

0 Kudos

Does anyone have any idea?

0 Kudos

Try running SCUA->change-> SAVE. If you should get all green - you should be good. The red will give you some hint on the CUA problem.

0 Kudos

Tried that. It did not wok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely, the user group assigned to the user in CUA does not exits in BW 7.3 system.

0 Kudos

Nope that is not. User Groups are all the same in all the systems. Specifically BW 7.3

0 Kudos

Then it is probably an optical illusion...

These illusions are often caused by a feature described in SAP Note 511200 section C.3 --> there is a global switch for the comparison but the user can also set this as a personal switch (preference) in PFCG.

The easiest way will probably be to temporarily change the CUA RFC user to type SERVICE and sail over from SM59 to change the setting for it and then back out again. Don't forget to change it back to type SYSTEM afterwards.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

What setting are you talking about?

0 Kudos

Nevermind. That setting is setup properly and same issue.

0 Kudos

There are two other settings in table PRGN_CUST with the capability of influencing the comparison:

id = USRCOMPARE_PFUD path = NO (default), YES - User master record reconciliation using the transaction PFUD exclusively --> PFUD will only run if the user is aithorized forn S_TCODE = PFUD

id = USRPROF_AUTOEXEC path = YES (default), NO - Start user master record reconciliation automatically in SU01, SU10, PFCG, and when using ALE (Note 312682) --> could be the problem if the default was changed.

But by default they are not set, so if you did not change anything you should be fine.

Are there any modifications in your system?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

All those settings are in the system as YES. The RFC user has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW and it only happens in our BW 7.3 system.

0 Kudos

As a workaround you can run PFUD more often as a job or remember to hit the button after changes, but this used to work fine so I would suggest opening a customer message with SAP.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I would suggest opening a customer message with SAP.

>

> Please keep us posted.

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

In such cases it is advisable to have a look into SU01 in the CUA child system. If the automatic profile comparison would not have happend upon role assignement, the profile would not be assigned to the user.

The traffic lights in PFCG might be misleading, if the documentation about them is not clear.

In this particular case, simply the correction of note 1272331 is missing, showing the comparison button in PFCG as 'red'.

And here the next problem appears, as the system is on basis 730. So there is no correction instruction for that release. SAP has to consider about if and how to deliver actual coding for release 730, hopefully somwhen an update will be provided (by Support package).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

So it is just a UI status problem then?

How about when starting the PFUD or SUIM it should check for this problem and set the profile assignment status back to green? Like SUIM_OLD does with the tables.

Perhaps when doing that, a warning could be issued if the profiles themselves are not current and an information message if a merge is needed...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes, UI. Misleading traffic light display.

PFUD repairs it of course.

With actual corrections that problem does not appear.

As pfud will never consider, if a profile is current or not, such a message would be maximum a 'nice to have', but ....if a profile torso exists (=the profile name) and it can be assigned/removed from/to a user, the job of pfud is done.

The underlying authorizations etc. are an entire different story....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming (but that might not lessen the irrate calls from admins in the next months....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I finally got a message from SAP and they state that it is a bug. They told me because of technical issues the fix is coming out in a future support pack.

It is wierd that if you assign a composite role to user it works but when you assign a single role to user it does not work.

It is not a illusion as if the user master comparison is not completed users will experience issues as the tables are not completly updated. We have experience the issue!