Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL with signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

I'm not fully sure if it's a correct forum, so please forgive if i made a mistake

I need to consume Web Service (WSDL). It's working without any problem. But there is also one operation where I need to add Digitial Signature to it.

It is very hard to find any documentation how to configure signing XML messages in SAP. I was looking for SSF which should fit to my requriements. Then I found something like WS Security in LPCONFIG - but i don't know how to use it. I put there Profile OUT, but nothing happen. Could you give me some directions where to look for this?

To generate proxy i used SE80. I have only ABAP instance (but if there won't be any other choice i can install AS JAVA as well). No PI system in landscape.

Best regards

Rob

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

It depends on the release of your system...

If you have 700 system and you still configure your Logical Port via transaction LPConfig you can use transaction WSSProfile

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/Helpdata/EN/e1/af3a40243c174ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

For newer releases transaction SOAMANAGER must be used to configure SOAP Web Services. Please consult this documentation link as an entry point:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/c0/d809a4e0bf493b9aed84c6912a1759/frameset.htm

Document Security settings for Logical Ports however can ONLY be configured using WSDL based configuration which demands that the WSDL is enriched with Web Service Security Policies which describe how to sign/encrypt the SOAP message.

The manual configuration of Logical Ports in SOAMANAGER only supports a limited set of SOAP runtime security capabilities like HTTP Basic authentication and Assertion tickets for authentication.

Inside a NetWeaver PI channel you can configure all the available SOAP runtime security capabilities without the requirement of having a WSDL with Security Policies. Both the Web Service Adapter and the SOAP adapter support Asymmetric XML Signature/Encryption.

Edited by: Mathias Essenpreis on Jan 22, 2012 8:03 PM