cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procedure for SLD and LMDB and to add ECC abap and Java system to it??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Am new to solman 7.1.. Am too confused. I've installed Solman 7.1. I've ECC (Abap and Java instances - MCOD) and a EP system.

Now am in solman_setup > system preparation>prepare landscape phase.

In this 1st section is " select SLD" in this i'v added solman and ECC java sld and selected solman SLD as target. In ecc abap i've made entries in rz70 for solman and executed the job. In java stack the entries exist in Visual admin. But still those instance does not reflect in solman. i dono what was the exact procedure to add the instances. Do i need to manually add in SMSY? How should I proceed? Do you have any clear document on how how to add abap and Java systems in solman 7.1??

Do i need to install willy introscope compulsury in all instances??

Please explain me clearly about the procedure..

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Now I've a fresh solman 7.1 system. I've not activated LMDB. I just want to download support packs for ECC EHP5 system and EP NW 7.3. So i've to configure the systems in SMSY and have to download through MOPZ. SO can you guys clearly tell me which product instance I've to choose for the ECC EHP5 system Abap and Java (separately) and for EP NW 7.3.

And also any mandatory steps for configuring these systems??

I've a doubt. While configuring the systems in SMSY, it will connect to Abap systems by RFC. But how will it connect to Java systems to calculate the stack??

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't do any setup in SMSY in 7.1 if you don't know.

In 7.1 you need to add new systems in LMDB so refer to wiki link i gave you for its setup and the config guide

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please download Setup Guide Landscape Management Database and Configuration Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.1 from http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager -> Planning, Installation, and Upgrade Guides