cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccmsping alert stays in ACTION_REQUIRED auto reaction is not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, expert!

I setup the CCMSPING alert for central auto reaction so if there is alert raised in satellite system, email will be sent.

The CCMSPING is setup in CEN with PUSH option. When I shutdown one of the satellite instance (ABAP), the alert is raised in CEN but the it stayed in ACION_REQUIED and the auto reaction method (email) is not raised. I have tested the central auto reaction with other MTE class such as jobAborted and it is working (When a job is aborted in satellite system a email is sent from CEN). Can you let me know what I am missing? Is the central auto reaction rely on ccm4x agent on satellite system?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Assigned method check whether "trigger by CCMS" option has been selected and also check for "Auto reaction Method".

Also, please check whether SAPCCM4X is up and running.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response. I did check "trigger by CCMS" option also check for "Auto reaction Method" in the method.

And the CCM4X agent apprears to be running after the satellite system instance is down.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that you are talking about "Availability monitoring".

The autoreaction method for availability monitoring should never be triggered by the agent.

Indeed the availability monitoring, method CCMS_System_Availability, does not run in the remote system or by CCMSPING agent, It runs in the local CEN system and in case of alerts, the autoreaction must be triggered by the local system instead of the remote agent.

A simple example about the reason that the method should never be "trigger by CCMS agent" is because the agent runs in the remote server. If the whole Operating system is down, how the agent will be able to trigger the autoreaction?

Probably this email is not being triggered because this option "Only in central system, triggered by CCMS agent" is already set in the autoreaction merhod. You have to set the option Periodically in dialog process the autoreaction method for Availability Monitoring.

Cheers,

Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the option "Only in central system, triggered by CCMS agent" in our solman and it works perfectly fine. Please also check whether the jobs runs without errors - SAP_CSM_TRIGGER_CENSYS_DISPATCH .

Thanks,

Arjun

0 Kudos

HI Arjun,

I believe that you have to read the note 543414.

543414 RZ20: Alerts stay in status ACTION_REQUIRED

Clebio

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Solman 7.1. When I activate central activate central system dispatching, job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is scheduled and it is running fine in our CEN system

Actually, if central autoreaction is rely on CCM4X agent, which is on satellite system, then when the satellite OS system is down, the CCM4X agent will die also so how is the CCMSPING alert is working ? but on the other side, if CCMSPING can be registered with PUSH option in CEN system, we will expect the central autireaction work since this not depend on the satellite system. I am confusing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clebio,

Our's is working fine with triggering CCMS agents and don't want to disturb our alerts . The Note suggests the "Background Job" as one of the cases.

I will definitely let you know, if I have any issues with our Alerts and please put your suggestion for person who requested for help.

Regards,

Arjun

0 Kudos

HI Hailan,

Set the autoreaction to run "Periodically in dialog process" and test it.

The job to trigger the autorecation runs every 5 minutes (rdisp/autoabaptime). It should trigger all alerts with ACTION_REQUIRED.

Cheers,

Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Clebio. That works. It is working when SAP instance going down. I will test if alert will be triggered when Satellite system OS is down when I have chance.

Answers (0)