cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of parallel processing profiles with SNP background planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO V5.1.

In SNP background planning jobs I am noticing different planning results depending on whether I use a parallel processing profile or not.

For example if I use a profile with 4 parallel processes, and I run a network heuristic to process 5 location products I get an incomplete planning answer.

Is this expected behaviour? What are the 'good practices' for using these profiles?

Any advise appreciated...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think using parallel processing profile is a good idea when you run network heuristic, since in network heuristic, the squence of the location/product is quite important. The sequence is determined by low-level code, as you may already know.

For example, in case of external procurement, it must first plan the distribution center then the supplying plant, and in case of inhouse production, it must first plan the final product then the components.

If you use parallel processing, the data set which is sorted by low-level code would be divided into several blocks and be processed at the same time. This may mess the planning sequence. For example, before the final product is planned in one block, the component is already planned in another block. When it plans the final product, new requirement of the component is generated, but the component will not be planned again, which results supply shortage of the component .

If there're many location products, maybe dividing the data set manually is a good practice. You can put those related location products in one job, and set several background jobs to plan different data set.

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (0)