cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If for some reason a particular quantity of material is returned and we have maintained a storage location where all this stock gets updated.Now if i check this material in MMBE tcode does this material have to be visible under unrestricted use or returns?

In my case it is getting updated under unrestricted use does this behavior is correct? If this behavior is not correct then how to make this material available under "returns" in MMBE transaction code.

Regards,

Jhon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As you mentioned this is standard behavior,but it depends on business to business i.e . in some cases it comes as quality first then in unrestricted use.

a

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your movement type. Normally, for returns, we use 651 and 655 movement types. Check for your return delivery what movement type is flowing. You have to change this to any of the above in VOV6.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Actually there is one more issue regarding the same material.

After the above mentioned material is returned it is updated in "Customer returned storage location".Now if iam creating a sales order with same material system is confirming the material from the "customer returned storage location".

Clients requirement is system should not confirm material from "Customer returned storage location" as this material is defective.

System should pick some other location.

Regards,

jhon

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard, this is not possible. System will always confirm the stock from unrestricted storage location. Ensure that no user exit is in place.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean to say system confirms material from unrestricted use only even if it is in customer returned storage location.

In that case what is the best possbile way to exclude a storage location for availability check

Regards,

jhon

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

why dont you use movement type 651 for your returns. I will suggest that you should follow the standard system e.g returns must be entered in system with 651 as Lakshmipathi told you change this movement type in schedule line category that will be done in VOV6.In this way material will reflect in returns and system will not confirm this stock untill you move it to unrestricted stock with another movement type 459 I guess in MB1B. You dont need to create another storage location for this.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case what is the best possbile way to exclude a storage location for availability check

Uncheck the field No storage location inspection in t.code OVZ9. Then in the material master MRP 4 view, add value 1 in the field SLoc MRP indicator. Then test by creating new sales documents.

Regards,