SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Gain/Loss Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oil Gurus,

we are facing a problem with a Gain/Loss Calculation.

STO in two steps scenery:

We are using a Z program which uses standard functions:

OIGI_DEL_CONF_CREATE

OIB_QCI_CONVERSION_SIMPLE

in order to simulate the O4H1.

But entering O4H2 after process, sometimes (not always!), we are facing a different quantity (same QCI parameters) from that one entered in the Z program and towards this program into the functions mentioned before. This leads us to a wrong Gain/Loss Posting.

Example:

Loading confirmation with 31849 L60 (32000 L)

Delivery confirmation with 32000L in Z program interface and same QCI parameters, but in O4H2: 32152 L60 (32303,764). This leads to gain posting: 302,336 L60 (303,764 L).

The question is why could the standard functions be able to convert the entered quantity of 32000 L into another quantity and resulting like this en a not desired gain posting?

Additional information: In gain posting item of material document, dispaying the additional quantities, these are flagged (Quantity manual entry (indicator). Not so for the item with the actual quantity of STO.

I understand that it is difficult to analyse it for you, but if you have any hints where we should have an eye on, I would be very greatful. As we could not reproduce it on QA System, there has been no way yet to debug the program in order to get to know the issue. So, probably you have been using the same standard funcions once and perhaps know if there are some special considerations for it.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me on this topic in advance,

Regards

Dominik Ley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm in the code whether the unit of measure is being passed along with the quantity?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm in the code whether the unit of measure is being passed along with the quantity?

0 Kudos

Hello Luke, I forgot to update my message, problem has been solved.

It was an error committed by user when he entered data in Z Program. Standard functions are working fine. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Regards

Dominik Ley

Former Member
0 Kudos

User error, we are no longer facing the issue.