Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding: Points allocations

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moderators,

I m raising this thread to ask few questions regarding point allocations. I really appreciate the wonderful work which you guys are doing voluntarily in managing sdn. Kudos to all of you..:) Coming to the question

Today only i just noticed that my points accumulated in sdn forums went down by 74 points and i dont know why and how come? The intent of this question is to bring in transparency ( i am not question the transparency but trying to improve it ) for example i dont know why the points were removed or the last 12 months deduction and all. I am not able to even track it through various means. It will be good if we can track them somewhere so that the system remains more transparent in the sense the user will know okie this is the reason.

Note: I m not doubting the transparency of the system but its a suggestion that some where the sdn user should be able to track the reasons.

I firmly believe that moderators will prOvide me with a satisfactory answer

I am not questioning the transparency of the sytem just want to add to the transparency

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't give you an exact answer, but it could be because some of the questions you answered were moved to the test and playground forum and the points removed there.

Rob

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob for clarifying. Actually its not about points its about tracking things. I am perfectly fine with your reply.

Thanks once again

Nabheet

Edited by: nabheetmadan09 on Jan 18, 2012 8:29 PM

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree that removing points is not as transparent as gaining them, you can only see it by your reduced total.

In your special case, I think you have noticed by now that moderators are closely looking at your habit of replying to a lot of questions that violate the forum rules of engagement and are thus locked or moved to points-free T&P forum. For example, if it's an FAQ or a simple "tell me how" with no signs of own effort by the original poster, you can bet it will be found eventually.

Let me ask you on this occasion to be more selective regarding the threads you get involved in. Instead, you should use the "Report Abuse" function to alert moderators of such threads mentioned above. This way your contributions to SCN will be more valuable and your reputation will grow as well.

Thomas

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

My idea Is to help others and if you notice in the replies ti usually ask them to search on sdn. Anyways not an issue sir..

It would have been good if you would have reminded me little bit earlier. Still better late than never,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Nabheet

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you had been warned by other moderators already by mail, sorry if not.

By the way, and for a change, here is a recent example of a very good question with a descriptive title where OP explains what he has tried and where he is stuck, allowing potential responders to provide help without guessing around and without getting the impression that somebody is just trying to delegate his own (research and/or development) work to others.

Thomas

P.S. I'm regularily getting stripped off points in T&P as well, I just have to wait for another moderator to do it because we can't adjust our own points, obviously

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right this guy has put in efforts before posting the question. I have seen many user id's from where when a question is posted it feels as if they are getting work done through us. I have replied to the, in the past but have stopped from last few weeks.

I really appreciate the hard work put in by you guys in managing this..awesome..

Let me know if i can be of any help to you guys... I will report abuse rather than replyin now:-):)

Thanks

Nabheet

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

I have nothing new to add than what has been mentioned by other Mods. I just would to like to appreciate you for the fact that you understand the SCN system and is intent in bettering this community. As a current Top Contributor you have an added responsibility of being a responsible member and you are showing just that.

Thank you for understanding and being a responsible contributor.

pk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valueable inputs.