cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using Material Determination with a Substitution Reason. In the definition of Substitution Reason I have kept "B" for Outcome.

That means in sales order creation If I put Material M1 which should be replaced by M2, then M1 will remain there and M2 will be added automatically as a new item with Higher Level Item Category as the Item Category of M1. Everything is working fine.

But here in this case the Item with M2 is getting disabled and we cant edit anything. If we want we have to change the things in M1 which will be reflected for M2. But here I want to set the Delivery Block at the Schedule Line level but it is also Gray Gray field and I cant put the delivery block. Here this is at Schedule line level so even if I put the delivery block in the schedule line of M1 it will not reflect for M2.

Here the question is how can I set the Delivery block for this item M2?

Quick response will be appriciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

rgrds,

hp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is my understanding that substituted item is not supposed to be edited and when the original item (M1) is edited, the changes will be copied to the substituted item. If schedule line block field is not open even for the original item (M1) then it's probably something to do with its configuration.

Google "delivery block material substitution", mabe something usefull will come up.

As a side note - you might want to ask moderators to rename your thread as the subject is not descriptive enough. Perhaps many users are thinking this is just another basic question and don't even look.