Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between usage of "System --> Services for object" and GOS direct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

i was wondering if you know an answer for that problem:

1) Start ME23N (no SAP Gui classic design!) and go to System - Services for Objects in order to start the GOS Toolbox. Try to to store a business document. In my case i don't have the authorisation S_WFAR_OBJ so i get the Message no. 00398 "You do not have authorization for this function" Thats the behavior a want

2) Start ME23N and activate GOS Toolbox by clicking directly on the button on the top left corner. Try to a store a business document. But there is no message coming up?! Same user, same PO! It seems that the Toolbox is just beeing restartet and thats it.

Same behavior in IW53/IW33 too, no auth error message if GOS is started via "System --> Services for Objects".

Thats our system:

ERP ECC 6.04 with NW 7.01

SAP Gui 7.20 PL 3 (signature design)

Thanks for your help and best regards

Olli

Edited by: Oliver Grewenig on Jan 18, 2012 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I have done a similar testing for Tcode FB03 since I have done Archivelink configuration for this FI object.

Case 1:

=======

Start FB03 (no SAP Gui classic design!) and go to System - Services for Objects in order to start the GOS Toolbox. Try to to store a business document. In my case i don't have the authorisation S_WFAR_OBJ so i get the Message no. 00398 "You do not have authorization for this function"

Case 2:

========

Start FB03 and activate GOS Toolbox by clicking directly on the button on the top left corner. Try to a store a business document. Still got the same error message "You do not have authorization for this function".

Later I added the required object in the authorization profile and it worked in both the cases mentioned above.

Since the same program is being executed behind both the cases, it will check the same authorization object as designed.

What I would suggest is that you perform this test again and ensure that no one modifies the authorization during your testing period.

Regards,

Deepak Kori