Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA_HOME after SAP JVM migration

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I migrated my SAP portal installation from Sun JDK 1.4.2 to SAP JVM 4 by means of SAP JVM Switch Tool.

After the migration, I see the environment variable JAVA_HOME of the user <sid>adm set to the path of the SAP JVM location.

Instead I see that there is the environment variable JAVA_HOME fo system set to the Sun JDK 1.4.2 (I suppose that it is due to the installation of Sun JDK 1.4.2 )

So, what have I to do for this ambigous situation?

Do I need to dete the JAVA_HOME for system?

Thanks for your help.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Please go through the below thread. It should solve your issue.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Jan 18, 2012 7:22 PM

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I already read it.

You said that JAVA_HOME is not nedded, but I see that SAP JVM Switch Tool set the environment variable JAVA_HOME of the user <sid>adm set to the path of the SAP JVM location.

Instead JAVA_HOME environment variable is set for the system to the old sun JVM.

So, you are right that in the manual JVM migration is not mentioned JAVA_HOME, so it seems no important, but it has been set by SAP JVM Switch Tool, so I don't think that it isn't important..

So, what is the best?

Let the different settings of JAVA_HOME for <sid>adm user and system user ?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You need to point the JAVA_HOME pointing to SAP JVM path for SIDADM and SYSTEM user.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes. As Arjun suggested, please set JAVA_HOME to jvm path for both SIDADM and System user.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

Hope you are doing good.

No need, just make the change in the pfofile files as mentioned in the below note and you should be fine :).

SAP NOTE 718901 - How to Change the JDK of the J2EE Engine

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth