Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic run for PRAA change

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change the employee vendor name automatically through PRAA.

I have scheduled a background job for PRAA and it is just creating a session in SM35.

Could you please let me know whether I need to create a seperate job (which is given in PRAA, name of job) for running this session, or do I need to do manually?

I am able to see the name of job which is executed in SM37, but the session is not run, vendor name is not changed.

Regards

SM

Edited by: shanumonu on Jan 18, 2012 10:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There are several ways to run this job , either as as follows: first RPRAPA00 creates only the workfile.( could be as a background job) When this is finished, RFBIKR00 (also as background job) takes this file and creates the batch input session out of it and if this is finished, the last report comes to process the created session. The essential thing here is that the same user starts both jobs as otherwise there can be problems with RFBIKR00 detecting the workfile from PRAA.

The other way is through 1) RPRAPA00 without job name defined and 2) RSBDCSUB

Hope it helps

Sally

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply.

We are doing by scheduling background jobs for RPRAPA00 and RSBDCSUB. But this is with job name given in PRAA and it is working properly.

As you mentioned without job name given, it is working properly with job name.

Since program RFBIKR00 is automatic what is the use of "job name" giving in PRAA?

Replies are highly appreciated.

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shanid, I do not know if you are still looking for an answer to your question but here how we are proceeding

we have indeed jobs that contain both components of the solution : the PRAA step that generates the BDC session and the BDC processing step (via RSBDCSUB)

We have variants, one for each step. The 'integration' is done via the BDC session name (for both steps, the session name is part of the selection options)

PS : we are also specifying a target server group for this particular job, nothing directly related with your question but in case you are interested, let me know.

0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

I am following the same process as you have mentioned.

When i explicitly update a vendor through PRAA it is updated successfully. Changes are reflected in XK02 / XK03. But when done via a batch job changes are not reflected.

Do you have any idea as to what can be the possible cause for not updating the vendors despite everything executing successfully? Please your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Deepali Bhandari

Answers (0)