Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapjup cannot find correct shares on Windows 2008 R2 cluster

RvA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have succesfully installed CRM 5 Abap+Java on Windows 2008 R2 based hardware. This is a HA setup.

I am now in the process of upgrading to CRM 7.01. Unfortunately, the java upgrade program SAPjup runs into an error (share
Host_A\sapmnt does not exist) I cannot solve up to now.

This is my setup:

I have two application servers: Host_A and Host_B. Both servers form a Microsoft Failover Cluster. The shared disk for the abap and java central services is the F:\ drive, the cluster name is Cluster_X.

The Central Instance is installed on the local disk G:\ of Host_A; The Dialog instance on local disk G:\ of Host_B.

As instructed in the manual, I have moved the SAP cluster to Host_A and started the the upgrade process on G:\ drive of the same host.

During the phase PREPARE/INIT/INPUT_SAPSERVICESID_PWD_HA, the SAPjup program is trying to map the
Host_A\sapmnt share to a drive letter ('net use' command). This step results in an error.

I can explain this error since the proper share in my opinion should be
Cluster_X\sapmnt instead of
Host_A\sapmnt.

In Windows 2003 this was not a problem, because
Cluster_X\sapmnt and
Host_A\sapmnt can both be accessed and refers to the same disk location when the cluster group is active on Host_A. However, in Windows 2008 R2 this is not the case anymore and
Host_A\sapmnt is not a valid share.

Has any one of you run into this same problem or have suggestions how to solve?

Rob Veenman

SAP Technology.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RvA
Explorer
0 Kudos

I owe you an answer for the issue we had.

I opened a message with SAP, and got acklowledge that this is indeed a bug in SAPJup. SAP is working on a solution.

The work around (which was succesful) was as follows:

1. I moved the SAP Cluster group to Host_B (the DI host).

2. I created g:\sapmnt on Host_A and copied content from the shared drive
Cluster_X\sapmnt

to this local drive.

3. I shared diretory g:\sapmnt with share name sapmnt on Host_A and gave

SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin Read/write access.

Now SAPJup can continue. At the next interrup, you can remove the local directory g:\sapmnt and move the cluster disk back to Host_A.

I will give an update and close this thread as soon as I get a definitive solution from SAP AG for this issue.

Rob Veenman

SAP Technical Consultant.

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this below SAP note.

Also provide latest upgrade log files.

1172679 Troubleshouting MSCS Issues

Attach the log files or errors from it.

Regards,

Naveen