cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy and fast way to check that JDBC driver is installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I'm working on MDM 7.1->PI 7.0->JDBC (Oracle 11) scenario.

I have only PI developer access so JDBC driver should be installed by administrator. So my question is do we have easy way to check that JDBC driver is properly installed taking into consideration my authorization restrictions? At the moment i'm doing it by means JDBC receiver adapter.

In JDBC receiver adapter i'm using oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver as JDBC Driver parameter

Error that i have in SAP PI monitoring for JDBC adapter:

Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection with the registered driver. oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver returns: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. : ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

BR,

Dzmitry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

easiest way with OSS note - 1085539 - you can run jdbc test with it - this tool was designed by SAP to do such test

tool shown in my blog:

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Dzmitry.

Good question. I had a lot of problems when i tried find information about this case like yours. But indeed the SAP has a good analyse of possible errors and the answer is included in your question. Yes, you need adapter, regards that record i found in your message "ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver".

How can you add it? i recommend read manual that you can easy find into internet by google.com. Name of manual is next: "How To Install and Configure External Drivers for the JDBC & JMS Adapters" Version 3.01 u2013 March 2006. The typical name of file for search is: HowtoInstallandConfigureExternalDriversforJDBCJMS(NW2004).pdf

But if you are enough skilled in installation and administering of PI you can do it by this way:

Download the ojdbc14.jar and deploy using Software deployment Manager(SDM) tool on M27ix100.na.ko.com server.

Then you can start this algorithm step-by-step to add Oracle adapter:

The installation of a our driver (ojdbc14.jar) for the JDBC adapter involves three steps, each of which is described in detail below:

1. Get the existing aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda file from your SAP XI installation (if you already have JDBC or JMS drivers deployed) or create a new empty one .

2. Add ojdbc14.jar to the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda archive and correct list of jar files into file named as "provider.xml". File is in sda archive under "server" folder . You can easy do it, because all list jar files you'll find there without any problem between tag "jars". Add your own jar record by the similar way as the rest records.

3. Deploy the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda archive to the J2EE Engine by using SAP Deployment Manager (SDM).

Important: This process requires you to restart the J2EE Engine. You need to take this into account when scheduling your deployment.

I hope It helps.

Best regards,

LukCAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the only way (except for the "test" that you have mentioned above) is to check the Netweaver Adminitrator->Services->JDBC connector, or follow this "help" video: http://support.openlinksw.com/viewlets/VB3SWF/jdbc_driver_version_check_viewlet_swf.html

But this operations, unfortunately require a Administrator Permissions