Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope manager is not starting

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

As per introscope guide(introscope version 😎 , we installed the introscope manager sucessfully . I checked the logs(Introscope installation log ) an did't find anything wrong .

and i tried to start the EM with ./EMCtrl.sh start , but it's failing to start the manager . I checked wilyhome directory and found lot of core ,javacore and Snap ..trc files.

i tried to check the log file , but nothing was there in the log(IntroscopeEnterprisemanager.log).

Someone please guide us to proceed further.

Regards

Veeramalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your system is AIX 6, proceed as indicated on note 1273028:

-

AIX 6: The Java VM bundled with the Enterprise Manager installers fails on AIX6. Locate a Java 5 VM on your host or download the latest Java 5 VM from IBM and configure the EM to use it:

Open the file Introscope_Enterprise_Manager. lax in a text editor and find the line lax.nl.current.vm=jre/bin/java. Replace jre/bin/java with the full path to a Java 5 executable. Then save the file and start the EM via EMCtrl.sh. Note that Java 1.4.2 and earlier cannot be used for the EM!#

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Introscope 8, under /usr/sap/ccms/wily*/

run ./runem.nohup.sh &

as daaadm, make sure you kill the previous process.

Thanks

Srikanth M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which OS platform your are using ?

If you are using UNIX then start the EM by login as root user. It should work then.

It doesnt then reply with more error details/logs.

Thanks,

Sachin