cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP channel not picking remaining files when it identifies an error file

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an FTP channel that picks files from my PI FTP site. This channel has Seeburger BIC mapping involved which has certain feilds as mandatory. Last week when the source system dropped a file with certain mandatory some field missing, this channel came to error saying XYZ fail has invalid data in a field ABC.

Problem came when the channel failed to process the remaining 100+ files in the same folder. This channel stuck with the single incorrect file and didn't process the remaning files in the folder giving a big time problem.

I searched in forum and found no such cases. Did anyone face this problem before and is there any parameter to be changed in channel?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Best Regards,

Kumaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaran,

You could try archiving the faulty source files to have further files processed. In your sender file Communication Channel, go to "Processing" tab page and mark the "Archive Faulty Source Files" checkbox, then type the archive folder path for error files in the "Directory for Archiving Files with Errors" field that appears.

Hope this helps,

Greg

0 Kudos

Dear Mark & Grzegorz

Thanks for your response!.

I cannot go with archive error files logic as I am not sure if i will be able to reproduce the field that is having problem in the file. As the partner will come back to me asking the field name which is having problem to correct and reprocess, I need this information. Currently I extract this info from my channel processing log.

I would raise a OSS message for this.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Kumaran

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I searched in forum and found no such cases. Did anyone face this problem before and is there any parameter to be changed in channel?

Your issue is almost similar to the one mentioned in this thread except that they use archiving for error files. The thread is still open though

Regards,

Mark