Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VALUE MAPPING IN XI using conversion -> value mapping

1) What is exactly value mapping and why is it needed in XI?

2) Steps to do value mapping in XI using conversion -> vlaue mapping.

Thanks

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Value Mapping is defined/managed inside the Integration Directory under "Tools > Value Mapping" and used inside the Integration Repository (mapping).

It's defined between a sender and a receiver system.

Here's the SAP help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what is it exactly ,why ca't we just use mapping ?

Steps needed in IR and ID for value mapping .

Thanks,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VAlue mapping is like a <b>conversion table</b>.

Inside a Message Mapping, you have the notion of FixValue.

For instance:

V1 -> my_value_1

V2 -> my_value_2

V3 -> my_value_3

But a FixValue is only valide for ONE link inside ONE mapping. If you need to use the same "table", with a FixValue you need to copy and copy it each times.... and further update will be not easy!!

Thus in order to define such a conversion table, then you have the possibility to build a <u>central</u> table called "Value Mapping" inside ID, which can be used several times inside a different mapping.

And as explained above, a value mapping is defined between a sender and a receiver system. If you use the sme table with different systems, then you need to create it several times and do a replication (I beleive).

Personnaly, I don't like FixValue and Value Mapping... I prefer to use a SAP table (more complex but easy to update), but it's only my point of view. AND obviously it depends want you need !

Humm... You have also the bad solution to do something like that:

IF     my_field EQ 'V1' THEN my_field = 'my_value1'
ELSEIF my_field EQ 'V2' THEN my_field = 'my_value2'
ELSEIF my_field EQ 'V3' THEN my_field = 'my_value3'
etc...

Mickael

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was good but can u tell how to go about it.

first what i need to do ?

Thanks ,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuna,

You can begin by "<i>Integration Directory > Tools > Value Mapping</i>" and follow what is explained here in order to create a Value Mapping:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d3/4017d9b90afe4999dbf8792638b291/content.htm

And then, in your Message Mapping, you will use function "<i>Conversions > Value Mapping</i>"

Mickael