cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, can we maintain lookup mapping tables for SAP in PI?

Like KNVK and MARA etc...

This is for the purpose that the system should identify external customers with SAP and the same with materials or this is something done outside of PI in SAP?

Or can we with RFC, do a lookup, during the processing of the transaction in PI in SAP.

Thanks a nd advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dany,

Sure I know what you mean, I just gave you an alternative Have a look at the remote-enabled function module RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES - you can collect any data from any table from your ECC system using it. You just specify for instance:

FROM_KEY = table_key
MAX_ENTRIES = 1
TABLE_NAME = 'MARA'

and the table_key variable should contain the exact table key for your entries, for instance client number (3 characters) and material number (18 chars) for MARA.

Of course you can also use dedicated BAPIs to get material details, customer details and so on, but I think you might transfer big amounts of unnecessary data doing it this way.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

The answer is: yes, this can be done with PI and the mechanism is called RFC Lookup, try searching the forum or just experiment with the "RFC Lookup" function of the Conversions group in your Message Mapping. The use of this function is pretty straight-forward.

The alternative can be: creating some custom code in your ERP system for inbound IDocs. Of course this will be more difficult and time-consuming, but you will gain a little bit on the performance (no need to connect from PI to ECC multiple times). It is up to you to decide whether performance is critical in your case, for instance if big amounts of data will be transferred.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Greg,

in ERP I dont need a custom code and can solve it through custom tables.

But, I want already in PI, that the system found the correct mapping and send it to ECC6 the correct partners and materials, witrhout requiring to maintain in SAP such mapping.

I hope you know what I mean.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can perform RFC lookup in PI to get the external customer details stored in ABAP stack.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, what settings I will need in PI to do this??

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use lookup tables in PI. We can define the table on ABAP stack and use them in Mapping using RFC lookup or JCO call.

Regards,

Harish