cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev and Qty import queue is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having three system landscape Dev, Qty and Prd. In STMS we configured PRD as a virtual system. We have released some requests in Dev 15 days back & we are not imported and we are able see the requests in STMS_IMPORT of Qty. But suddenly when we are checking now there are no requests in QTY stms_import and DEV stms_import as well.

We have checked all the checks STMS and we manually checked wether trans directory of Domain controller also accessing from QTY.

Please suggest on the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions, after re configured STMS everything is working fine.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One more thing to mention, when i added request to the buffer with tp command to QTY and opened QTY file in buffer directory it showing the request. When i refresh in stms_import queue of QTY after i checked QTY file in showed buffer cleaned.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the following :-

1) Permission of Buffer folder should be 775 or 665 .

2) Owner should be <sid>adm

3) Go to STMS and try to check the tp alert.

4) If you are using the domain controller check the transport group for your Dev and Qty.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have reconfigured STMS. Still when i am adding released request with tp command to the buffer of QTY its not showing in import queue. While when i added to the DEV buffer the request is showing in queue but not to QTY.

When i checked consistency check for DEV it showing 4KB of datafile and 1KB of cofile, but when checked for QTY it showing 0 KB for data and cofile. But all folders in trans of domain controller are accessible from QTY, even all checks are showing the same trans directory of domain controller.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to re export from DEV.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekant,

I meant re-releasing transport requests from dev system.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added one request manually tp addtobuffer request QTY pf=path of dev transport profile. It says added successfully to the import queue. Without reconfiguring STMS.

But still its not showing in import queue of QTY.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

Can you make a try by re configuring stms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekanth,

If you have very few transport requests then I suggest you to re-export them from DEV system. That will solve your problem without reconfiguring STMS.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In STMS i have checked all tests transport tool, connection test, Transport directory. Every thing is in green only.

If i reconfigure STMS will it show in transport import queue or any other way to resolve this.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Sreekanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

I would suggest you to re-configure TMS. Then for re-building the import queue you need to use the following command

tp addtobuffer <TRnumber> <SID> pf=<path of transport profile>

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to see all old requests in import queue in all the systems. And i have released one request in Dev for testing purpose but still i am not able to see in the import queue of DEV and QTY.

Please suggest

Best Regards,

Sreekanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Please check again whether your TMS is configured correctly. In Tcode STMS -> Overview systems

Put cursor on each system and from Menu select option "Check Transport tool"

Ensure that all line items are green.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 3 system landscape but PRD installation is going on.

The buffer directory is cleared but cofiles and data files are exist for all the requests.

Please suggest,

Best Regards,

Sreekanth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
> The buffer directory is cleared 
>

That is the reason you don't have any request in the queue.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you configure stms again and refresh the queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekanth,

Do you see cofiles and data files of those requests? If yes, as Deepak said buffer file under trans directory got vanished.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

I guess you tp buffer has got vanished. Please check in /usr/sap/trans/buffer folder whether it contains any file or not.

Also check whether your transport tool is working fine

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have 3 systems ,then why gone for PRD as virtual system?