cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 Upload text objects Java error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a file size limitation for the /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC.txt extract file for 'Text objects upload' in RAR 5.3? (Config > Upload Objects > Text objects). I have successfuly loaded the applicable files for XI, BW and SRM however I run into a series of Java error messages when trying to load against my ECC6 system.

I have had the files uploaded onto the server aswell as from my desktop but I still get a whole list of Java errors. I have also tried running the upload job both in Foreground and Background mode.

The file is considerably larger then then SRM files, so I am not sure whether this is the problem or whether there is a character limitation on the file.

Just an example of the Java error messaged:

Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 22 to host variable 5 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(2).

com.virsa.cc.rulearchitect.bo.ObjectTextBO.insertObjectText(ObjectTextBO.java:84)

com.virsa.cc.comp.UploadTexts.onActionUploadTextObjs(UploadTexts.java:340)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the encoding of the static file to UTF-8 would resolve the issue. What can be done is open the static text file downloaded from the system and then save it using the format UTF-8 format.

Open the file, Click Save as and select UTF-8 and save (over Write if necessary) and then try to upload the static text file.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your help this issue is now resolved.

The SAP note only refers you to make sure that you uploading the description file under the 'text objects' tab and the SAP objects file under the 'Permissions tab'.

The fix for this issue is as Sunny desribed, open the text file and File > Save As to UTF-8 format

(The default format in text files is ANSI, though some files did work using this format, they were relatively small compared with my ECC6 files.)

Thanks everyone,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

There is a note that describes this issue: Note 1262325 - Upload Objects Error : Cannot assign host variable

Have you already checked that you're using the correct programs and the correct places to upload the text files?

Cheers,

Diego.