cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbimport.sh script failure on DB2 9.7 FP4 system

0 Kudos

Hi All

We are installing Sourcing 7.0 on NWCE 7.1 EHP1, and in doing so, when running the dbimport.sh script we get the following error

2012-01-19 01:01:51.505 ERROR DBFWK com.sap.odp.common.platform.search.DB2TextIndexManager createTextIndex DbGuiImporter.InstallThread system-40 #system# system database error executing: CALL SYSPROC.SYSTS_CREATE('<%CURRENT_SCHEMA%>', 'ODP_ODP_10000100_XML', '<%SCHEMA>ODP_ODP_DOC_TXT_SEARCH(SOURCE_XML)', 'LANGUAGE AUTO FORMAT XML', 'en_US', ?). Detail: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-20427, SQLSTATE=38H14, SQLERRMC=CIE00318 Object "sapes1"."ODP_ODP_DOC_TXT_SEARCH" does not exist. , DRIVER=3.62.56

2012-01-19 01:01:51.506 ERROR DBFWK DbSetupEngine execute() DbGuiImporter.InstallThread system-40 #system# system action failed

2012-01-19 01:01:51.507 ERROR DBFWK DbSetupEngine execute() DbGuiImporter.InstallThread system-40 #system# system error in critical

section, cancelling

I have checked the authorisations of the db2es1 user, and I have looked at the database on schema sapes1 and found that table sapes1.ODP_ODP_DOC_TXT_SEARCH does exist, although it does not contain any records at the moment.

As an experiment I logged into a DB2 CLP session and ran the following statement:

create db2 text index

CALL SYSPROC.SYSTS_CREATE('SAPES1DB', 'ODP_ODP_10000100_XML', 'SAPES1.ODP_ODP_DOC_TXT_SEARCH(SOURCE_XML)', 'LANGUAGE AUTO FORMAT XML', 'en_US', ?)

This worked without issue.

Even after this - when I ran dbimport.sh script again, it still complianed that 'SAPES1.ODP_ODP_DOC_TXT_SEARCH' was missing.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

Gary Micallef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi All

We found the issue - the schema name is case sensitive. For some reason the installer process changes the schema entries we put in during the installation to uppercase, so when you configure the JDBC connection in setupAIX.bin, the db2 schema had to be entered there in upper case