cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path specification of SAP GUI Server in ALDtoGUIServer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can someone please help with the installation of Adobe Livecycle Designer for developing HR forms.

I have already download the file from marketplace and installed ADLSetup.exe on my workstation.

Secondly, as per note 801524, i need to specify the path of the existing SAP GUI installation server when starting the program ALDtoGUIServer.exe. Which is this path ? Is it the server path where SAP is installed or the SAP GUI path on the workstation ?

Plz advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_lehmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Follow the SAP Frontend Installation Guide:

To update the installation server with new SAP components, use one of the following two methods:

● Using NWUpdateInstServer.exe

a. Start NWUpdateInstServer.exe from the SETUP directory of the source that contains the component to be added.

b. Supply the path of the installation server.

c. Follow the wizard to update it with components that are available on the source.

● Using NWSAPSetupAdmin.exe

a. Start NWSAPSetupAdmin.exe from the SETUP directory of the installation server that needs to be updated with the new component.

b. In the toolbar, choose Import Products.

c. Follow the wizard and supply the path to the source containing the product to be added to the installation server.

Example

You can update the installation server with the Adobe LiveCycle Designer which is delivered on the same DVD as the SAP GUI for Windows. You just have to start the program <Disc Drive of DVD>:\ADOBE_LC_<release>\setup\NwUpdateInstServer.exe. After being shown a welcome page, you will be asked for the path to the installation server that should be updated. Here, you must navigate to the path of the installation server which has been set up in section 3.1 (C:\MyNewInstServer\).

You just have to choose Next and wait until the process ends. Afterwards, the SAPSetup Installation Server Administration Tool (NwSAPSetupAdmin.exe) is displayed. On the Products tab, you will see the added product Adobe LiveCycle Designer.