Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Billing Plan - credit memo and debit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have the following scenario here.

I have a billing plan order (BP) - with header billing plan.

I have three lines in the billing plan

1) $5000 ...FAZ (Billing Request)

2) $10000...L2 (Debit Memo)

3) $3000...G2 (Credit Memo).

Once i go to VF04,

I have all three billing due. However, only billing type FAZ has the header conditions (PR00, AZWR, TAXES) populated and net value $5000. (Populated against AZWR)

Both L2 and G2 have no header conditions populated and the net value is 0.

The copy control is set up the same for all and all have same document pricing procedure (A).

Is it something basic I'm missing or is there anything else I have to do?

Or pls let me know the process for debit memo / credit memo with a billing plan.

Pls respond ASAP as we have the Proof of Concept scheduled sooner.

Helpful answers will be rewarded promptly!

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the credit memo in billing plan is NOT supported by SAP.

It is specified in SAP note [1506235|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1506235].

Please review your business process.

Best regards,

Ivano.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that basys of this process is not correct: the purpose of billing plan is to define different invoicing schedules, typically for businesses working with projects, and on top of that, billing plan is the only standard way to manage advance payment and automatically determine the settlement of the advance payments on final invoices.

For this, in my opinion it's not correct entering in the billing plan items with Credit Memo or Debit Memo request. You should have only andvance payment items and invoice items (document category = M).

In a common invoicing process, you can have the following steps:

- Down payment request (FAZ);

- Invoice (F1) reduced by the downpayment amount (if that is the case);

Then you can create a Credit Memo request, against the Invoice, if for some-reason you have to revert back something to the customer; or you can create a Debit Memo request if you have recharge the customer with reference to a document already invoiced. I think that invoice type G2 and D2 should not be "planned" steps in an invoicing process. On top of that, it's not advisable creating Credit Memo requests with reference to an invoice containing downpayment clearing item, as it would lead to incorrect postings into accounting.

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea