cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No adapter registered for this channel" error on channels

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Many of your might be aware of below error on communication channels in PI. I received this issue yesterday in my production PI system. First was SOAP adapter to get affected because of this issue, all SOAP channels were with this status. Later came the sFTP adapter, then AS2 etc. Message flow on that day was badly affected because of this. My Basis team resolved the issue by taking a restart of the node that was affected each time for each adapter. My PI server is 7.11 with 2 server instance, 4 cluster nodes.

Channel Status: "Channel Has Internal Error" or "No adapter registered for this channel"

When I searched on SDN, the option I got was to do a Delta Cache refresh and to restart the Java. There is one more option which is an enhancement (SAP Note 1347828) to do Cache Sync instead of a Delta Cache Refresh. This option didn't work out for me due to some SP level insufficiency (AFW I think so).

Now my doubt is why does PI server all of a sudden gives this problem and needs a cache refresh or node restart. I need to understand this as it created lot of problem that day.

Does anyone has idea on this?. Response is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kumaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this thread?

0 Kudos

Dear Baskar,

Thanks for your response!.

Yes, I went through this thread already. I solved my issue using inputs from couple of threads.

But my interest is to know why this issue is coming in PI. This issue happened couple of times on my server and now I need to fix this issue from coming again. Obviously I will be raising a OSS message for SAP for this, but wanted to check if anybody found a permanent fix for this problem.

Best Regards,

Kumaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumaran,

These errors will be thrown if the corresponding adapter's application/service failed to start.

This is due to the dependent services/applications/libraries might be stopped (or) has some issues during start.

All the start-up failures are logged. You can refer the nwa logs for the reason/root cause.

System restart helped you because it restarted all the services/applications/libraries.

BTW, Is it a bug confirmed by SAP? If possible, Could you please share the OSS message number?

0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Thanks for your response!.

Yes, I will check NWA logs next time when the issue happens in my system. Obviously these services should keep running until total server (or services) is restarted. Not sure why some stop working all of a sudden. I have asked for the msg no to Basis tam who raised the concern. Will ping back with details.

Best Regards,

Kumaran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have seen this same scnerio in our landscape too with PI 7.11.Issues were,channel suddenly stopped polling or working on one node and stopped working on othernode with outofmemory error.

You need to check the services configured,if they are running or not -/nwa>Operation management>Systems-->Start&Stop goto Java EE Application and search for main services which needs to be running for channel,such as seeburger services,cache services,sftp etc.

Here you can set the status as Always on after system restart too and check GC settings too in config tool.

Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

Thanks to you too!.

Yes, I will get this checked with my Basis team to make sure all services are running all the time (Always On).

Br,

Kumaran