cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to Stock - Sales order stock allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In the make to stock scenario, how do I allocate certain stock to a sales Order? For example, with my company, there could be 30 items in a sales order. All item stocks are not available at the time of Order placed. As we make the stock, we want the stock to be allocated to this sales order. Is there any way to do that?

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my understanding, there is no such assignment function to MTS sales order in standard SAP.. The possible solutions I ve touched include..

1, 'convert' MTS to MTO.. It requires that you can change the item category in sales order.. Once stock for one item is fulfilled.. Change the item category in sales order from MTS to MTO and move the corresponding stock from normal stock to sales order stock via 413..

2. Rely on the SD ATP logic..if your product categories are not so many.. The tipical ATP configration is that for sales order, the ATP scope includes stock, production order, purchase order..etc and ATP checking scope for DN is only against on-hand stock.. ATP checking and/or rescheduling for Sales orders gives out a sequency of confirmed delivery date, meaning, all the sales orders are queued for deliverying in system based on the ATP status.. DNs need to be created strictly according to the confirmed delivery date in sales order.. This way actually raises a very high management requirement to business..

3.If you use batch management, you can also consider 'batch determination' for this assignment..

4,In one of my previous project, they use 'consignment process' for such MTS assignment.. Such assignment business in that client is not a normal process and it is only applicable for some VIP customers.. If the stock is not enough to fulfill all the demand in the sales order, they create a special consignment fill-up order to 'delivery the goods on hand to customer consignment stock', while warehouse places special label on these goods when they 'PGI' the consignment fill up delivery.. This way ensures that the goods can not be withdrawed by other Sales order and/or reservations..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MTO scenario the following happens as per standard settings.

In material master since you use Strategy group 20, the Transfer of Requirements that is picked in Sales Order, Procurement tab would be KE. What this KE does is that in MD04 it raises requirements for production for this particular order. Therefore when a planned order is generated by production department, it would be against this particular sales order and production would be also against this particular order. Once the production is complete, the Goods issue also b y production would be against this particular sales order thereby making this stock as sales order specific stock.

You need to update your schedule lines before doing your delivery.

Let me know if you need further details on this process.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Edited by: Rohan Gudavalli on Jan 18, 2012 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan ,

Thanks for your response. But my question was about the Make to Stock Scenario. Our issue is when we get the Order from customer for 5 items , Since all items are not available, we can not ship the order immediately. This might take about 2 months time to get all items into stock. Letu2019s say the full stock of 3 items and half stock of 4th item and no-stock of 5th item available when the order is placed. This might take 30 days time to make the 4rd and 5th available. During this time we may lose the stock of first 3 items for this order as these stocks can be picked for other orders. In this scenario, how do we fulfill this order? We want to ship and bill the customer for all items at once.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for my earlier post. I have mis-read your post as MTO scenario. If it is MTS scenario, then there is one small check box you need to un-tick to make your stock reserved for a particular sales order.

Go to T.Code OVZ9. Here select your Checking group for Availability check against Checking Rule for Availability Check (Ex: usually in MTS scenario it is 02 and A combination. But check in you material master in Sales Org: General/plant view if it is 02 or some other entry. Similarly, check your strategy group in material master in MRP view if it is 10 or 40 since checking rule depends on your strategy group as well).

Inside of this, uncheck the field Include sales requirements. By doing this, system will not consider stocks alloted to already created sales orders. Hence this stock for 3line items will remain with this order and you can deliver the order after 2months or whenever you get stock for all materials.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use t.code V_RA for backorder processing.

Regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

you would try to use MD04 or CO09 t-codes

regards,