cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates and times in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am getting bit messed up with different dates and times in R/3 and APO. Could you please provide me some details on the relation and where these dates and times are maintained in APO and R/3

1. Transit Time:

Is it Total Replenishment time, Planned Delivery Time

Is it maintained in Purchase Infor Record or Transportation lane

2. Material Availability Date

Can PPDS works on MAD or only on Delivery Requirement date (as in RRP3)

3. Does PPDS Considers

Goods Issue Time, Goods Receipt time, Load Time / Pick Pack time for scheduling the order or for total duration of the order. As in DS it can show if the order can be on time or delayed with respect to delivery time! (in Network view of DS) so it considering the transit time and all other time maintained!

Please let me know how to straighten these things out!

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

1) Depends on where you like to use the transit time: e.g. in ATP scheduling you can maintain the transit time = transportation duration in the Transportation lane or in the condition technique (condition type TRAN). In PPDS the dates (e.g. GI, GR) from the material/location masterdata are used to schedule an order.

2) PPDS works usually on MAD ! Why it should work on requested delivery date ???

3) PPDS can consider these dates/times when creating e.g. planned orders. These dates and times will visible as activities in the order. Further details depending on a specific topic. Please describe your scenario more in detail.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Michael

Yes I expect PPDS to work on MAD only. However in RRP3 and Planning Book and DS board I am getting the delivery date only, Is there something I need to check on customizing for this, please suggest!

Also when you say GR/ GI should be seen as activities in PPDS, can you please give a brief on this, as I activities are maintained in master recipe / routing for scheduling and costing purpose! but havent seen separate activity for Transit / GR / GI.

Kindly suggest

Thanks in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

However in RRP3 and Planning Book and DS board I am getting the delivery date only, Is there something I need to check on customizing for this, please suggest!

The date that is displayed in these screens is the requirement date used by planning.

Are you attempting to implement ATP in SCM? Delivery/transportation scheduling must be performed in SCM. During GATP, delivery date from ERP is passed to SCM. SCM performs scheduling and calculates the MAD. Without the scheduling, then delivery date = MAD. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp02/helpdata/EN/05/f8923945b12c4de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB

I can see what you mean, and yea I am working on GATP as well, thats where some dates are messing up!

I guess I will start a new thread with better details on it

Thanks a lot for your help (points awarded )

RK