cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue with RF Scanners after SAP Enhancement Pack 5 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on component version SAP ECC 6.0, and recently upgraded to Enhancement Pack 5. I believe we are on Net Weaver 7.10, and using RF scanners in one plant that is Warehouse Managed. Evidentially when we moved to EHP5, the Web SAP Console went away and we are left with ITS Mobile. This has created several issues and continues to be a performance barrier for the forklift drivers in the warehouse. We see there is a high use of java script, and the processors canu2019t handle this. When we login to tcode LM00, on a laptop or desktop computer, there are no performance issues. When we login to tcode LM00, with the RF scanners, the system is very slow. It might take 30 seconds to confirm one item on a WM Transfer Order.

1.) Can we revert back to Web SAP Console, after we have upgraded to EHP5?

2.) What is creating the performance issues with the RF Scanners now that we switched over to SAP ITS mobile?

Our RF Scanners are made by Intermec, but I donu2019t think that is where the solution lies. One person in our IT Operations has spent a good deal of time configuring SAPITS to get it to work, but still it isnu2019t performing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi,
there is a way back to SAP WebConsole, but as you are than out of SAP-Support it is not recomended. If you don't care than contact http://logiplus.de/front_content.php?idcat=70. They provide an "LP MobileGRAFIX Connector".
... but on the long run you will anyway end at ITSMobile... so better you solve the problem now.
best regards
Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I am sorry I did not see this earlier.

I'm currently working on a very similar project with ITS mobile and the problem is to accurately determine the root cause of the problem in the least amount of time. The tool that works is found here: http://www.connectrf.com/index.php/mcm/managed-diagnostics/

Isolating the network from the application and the device is a time consuming process unless you have a piece of software that can trace the HTTP transaction between host and device on both wired and wireless side of the network. Once that is achieved (as with Connect's tool) you can then you can begin to solve the problem.

What I found in my project is that the amount of data traffic generated by ITS mobile can be reduced drastically, which speeds the response time of the mobile devices, especially with large number of devices in distribution centers.

Let me know if I can answer more questions related to this topic.

Cheers,

Shari

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What is the exact Intermec Device, what OS does it use and what browser are you using?

What Mobile generation style was used for the templates for tcode LM00?

See the WIKI:

[Generate and Modify Templates|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/cr8 ]

What are the parameter settings of the service that calls the transaction LM00? Can review this in SICF

Regards,

Oisin

Edited by: Oisin ONidh on Jan 18, 2012 11:49 AM