cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a BPM and everything works fine but, am not sure how to handle exceptions. Lets say if a step of the process fails, I do not want to continue the rest of the BPM process and provide the user ability to restart the BPM (if possible by changing certain parameters) from the error step. Just to give an example, lets say I get a RFC adapter error I have a switch which stops the BPM process. Is it possible to restart this from where it errored out? If its not what kind of messages can be restarted?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Sunil Achyut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please check these..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this blog,

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm -- Reconfilation of Messages in BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check these weblogs...

Reconciliation of Messages in BPM

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm-contd--restart-workflow

Sekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

put your steps to a block and define a exception branch for it. React in that branch with error messages and dont forget to finish the BP. Refer the exception at transformation and send steps.

Regards,

Udo

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

Sunil Achyut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good links Thanks.