cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Connection ABAP Proxy and Java Proxy possible ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks ,

As i read as direct connection possible between 2 SAP systems only ..

and also i read as WS Direct Connection u2013 (Java) ..

What it means ?? is it ABAP Proxy to Java Proxy using Direct connection ?? Like Java Client Proxy and ABAP Server proxy

I am not clear on this.. Could you please explain or help me on this . ??

Siva..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we can configure communicate between web service consumer and Web service provider like a direct communication too using WS adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce285e3a8e5430e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Direct Communication [SAP Help Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce5bf1a0d7154ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

at present, this mechanism can only fully propagate the configuration data to those back-end systems that are based on AS ABAP.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Direct connection you can let two sap systems to communicate each other using ws runtime. You can use ESR to design or model webservices such as creating datatypes,mesg types and service interfaces. Then create proxy objects for the consumer and provider on the both the systems. You can create application logic for the proxy objects. After that you can configure sender proxy as webservice components on the sap application server itself. You can do the same for the receiver proxy too on the receiver systems. Use direct connection object to consume the reciever webservice component. This way you use direct connection to communicate between two webservices runtime that is between two sap systems. You can do both for java proxies as well Abap proxies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

+You can do both for java proxies as well Abap proxies.+

As per the following points

1. Point-to-point connection is a new capability available with SAP NW PI 7.1. It allows applications or systems to send messages using WS-RM without going through a middleware, e.g. PI, but still using a centralized tool to design and

configure the interfaces and connection properties.

2. SAP XI 3.0/PI 7.00 or higher releases can be licensed based on the total volume of messages in

gigabytes (GB) that is processed per month. The size of the payload is determined in the integration

server. The information is then aggregated according to sender and receiver system.

Question :

1. If Message exchange between 2 SAP applications using direct connection .. Then dont we need to consider about licencing cost for volume of messages per month ?

2. So if i use ABAP Client Proxy to Java Server proxy scenario.. can i use direct connection ? Eg., SAP ECC to java application ?

In both the cases PI Runtime is not required .. Am i right ?

Please clarify..

Siva..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>2. So if i use ABAP Client Proxy to Java Server proxy scenario.. can i use direct connection ? Eg., SAP ECC to java application ?

yes you can use - but the java app has to be deployed in JEE 5 server (PI for example)

and the config will be done in NWA for java part of direct connection

>>>>In both the cases PI Runtime is not required .. Am i right ?

With direct connection you don't use PI's runtime but I don't know how licence works with that

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>So if i use ABAP Client Proxy to Java Server proxy scenario.. can i use direct connection ?

Yes it is certainly possible and otherway around too.

>In both the cases PI Runtime is not required .. Am i right ?

As I already informed, PI uses two systems Webservice runtime. It wont use its runtime. so basically you use direct connection object to consume the webservice of the target systems. Monitoring is almost at the respective system. The messages are not flowing through middleware in this case.