cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of material classification data from R/3 to SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SRM and I'm feeling a bit lost right now, so I apologize if this question is a stupid one.

I need to replicate the material classification data from R/3 to SRM. I am told that the data needs to be stored in the COMMPR01 transaction in the general tab.

I'm just looking for an overview of how this process should work. Once I have my data in R/3, how do I send this data to SRM and once it's there, how do I get it into this transaction?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following help link for Material replciations in detail...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5e/88ef3bc8821d0de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Rgds

Reddy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

laramachado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Matt!

I am having the same problem as you, to replicate material classification from ECC to SRM.

How do you solved it, can you give us an ideia?

Thanks,

Lara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figure this out? I need to replicate classification data as well. Just to clarify, I have replicated materials in to SRM and can order, recieve, rfq, contract mgmt, etc. with these materials. What I need is the Material Classification Tab in the material master in R3 to come over. Seems not to be standard part of anything mentioned in this post.

Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

have you some news?

Tx

Best regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

What you are looking for is achieved by downloading the customizing objects from R/3 to SRM.

This is a must before you download materials/services from R/3 to SRM.

Customizing objects are 4:

DNL_CUST_BASIS3 - This takes care of Basis settings in SRM for downloading.

DNL_CUST_PROD0 - This takes care of Material number conversions from R/3 to SRM.

DNL_CUST_PROD1 - This CO actually brings matl groups from R/3 to SRM as product categories.

The result you can see in trx COMM_HIERARCHY (not in COMMPR01 which is for materials/services.

There in R3MATCLASS you can see replicated and locally crated prod categories

and in R3PRODSTYPE you can see the material typs from R/3

DNL_CUST_SRVMAS - This takes care of Customizing: Service Master

The transaction for this is R3As in SRM

and you can monitor the same through R3AM1.

also you can check QRFC of R3 and SRM with SMQ1 and SMQ2.

The next step after this is material/service downloading from R/3 which is done with the same trx R3AS but business objects

Material and

Service_master

You can set fileter in trx R3AC1 for this.

BR

Dinesh

(Helpful? pl. award the points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will go over this and see if I can figure it out.