cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Defect code assignment for Quality Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have created MIC in which Min and Max spec limit is specified. We have assigned proper defect coding in the catalog as well for those defects.

For. E.g. MIC - LSL - 7.62 - Defect code assigned - Less Diameter

USL - 8.38 - Defect Code assigned - High Diameter

Now when the user enters any results in the result recording screen which is higher or lower than the spec limit , then the system automatically takes him to the notification screen where in he has to select the defect code manually.

My question is depending upon the entered results which are above or below the spec limit, whether the system can assign the defect code automatically or not?

Regards,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2d/35185a448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

and this:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMIMDEF/QMIMDEF.pdf

(Page 15 esp.)

My guess is that you have an item clicked as required in the confirmation profile.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi . I think FF is correct. There should be some required entry in the confirmation profile. Please check the SPRO through quality notification- > Defect recording - >Define confirmation profile

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The answer posted by FF is correct.

Regards,

R.Ponniah

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I know there is std functionality available for a MIC or Inspection char where you can assign the defect code "for rejection"( may be above or below specification) .

follow path -

>QS22>click on catalog->popup----->Defect code for rejection --->here one defect code for rejection can be assigned

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign upper and lower limit for QNT MIC in details @ QS22.

If you select "defect recording" button in MIC control indicator and if you record result out of spec then system will take you QN defect recording screen for same.

hope this helps.