Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL certificate error

0 Kudos

Mismatched address. certificate error

Hi,

I have installed SSL certificate in j2ee engine of sandbox server. I have enabled SSL successfully in j2ee server.

but still when we open ecommerce website its throwing certificate error.

it says, "The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

we are using Internet explorer 8.0.

please help me sort out this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

the error is

Error: The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trsted certificate authority. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Read your message : the answer is in the message...

Did you use a signed certificate ?

Which Cetification authority did you use ?

Is the CA certificate inside your browser ?

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Yes i have used signed certificate.

my doubt is.

if our developers are accesing website with fully qualified domain name then there are no certificate errors. I have given fully qualified domain name while configuring SSL in j2ee.

but there are certificate errors when they are accessing through alias name of that server.

So should our developers use fully qualified domain name as we are good with that? what does SAP recommend on this....either to use FQDN( fully qualified domain name) or Alias name.

should i suggest them to use full domain name instead of alias name to access ecommerce?

please advice.

Than

0 Kudos

Hi,

What you see is perfectly normal.

This has nothing to do with SAP specific configuration. This is just about standard SSL certificates concepts.

I suggest strongly that you educate yourself about SSL, X.509 certificates and certification authorities before trying to configure systems.

FQDN should always be used (it can be an FQDN alais) with SSL.

The hostname used in URLs should always be the one inside the certificate CN : that's what it's all about...

Regards,

Olivier