cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine message Status: To Be Delivered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP outbound idocs that have suuccessfully been RFCd and successfully receieved in XI (checkered flags in SXMB_MONI). However, they are not being placed on the designated server. In the message monitoring, under the adapter engine we get the message "To be delivered". We do not get any other message that will tell us the problem.....The queues are not jammed up.

Can anyone please tell me what may be going on?

Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

even we are facing the same problem.

all the messages are being set to "TO BE DEILEVERD"

we checked AIFUSER and APPLUSER status,none of them blocked andd even queues (SMQ2) are empty.

finally we restarted J2EE engine AND this resolved the problem.

we tried with SAP but couldnt get a proper solution,feel its a malfunction of adapter engine.

moreover in this scenario audit log will be filled with only successful steps and no errors .

doesnt know why adapter engine suddenly stops from picking messages from reciever queue and J2EE restart restores its state.

engine shouldn't exhibit this behaviour.

if you get any right solution against this problem please pass it on.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I got the same problem and below are the steps i followed for resolving

1. Goto transaction SMQ2

2. Check for the messages

3. You will find some with SYSFAIL status.

4. Activate them

This worked in my case.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

The 'To Be Delivered' status in the AE means that the message has been transferred to the messaging system and is waiting to be processed. Please double check your Integration Directory configuration - mainly your receiver determination, corresponding receiver agreement, and the receiver agreement's corresponding receiver CC(s). Make sure the CC you're looking at in the adapter monitor corresponds to the one you have configured in your scenario.

And if the CC is green and says "no messages processed until now" it is very unlikely that it has anything to do with the settings of the Channel, but rather with the ReceiverAgreement that doesn´t use the correct channel.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Pls do check in Message Display Tool in Runtime Workbench. This generally happens when you are using EOIO processing and when your first message has gone for error.

Pls do select all the messages in the message display tool and see whats the status of the first message. Cancel all the messages starting from the first one.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I list the records in the runtime workbench of the mesage monitoring, under adapter monitoring, the first file is a "To Be Delivered" status, then they are mixed with "Succesful".

Are you saying I should start with the first one, "To Be Delivered", and cancel it, then the rest of them?

Then what kick off the outbound process again in SAP and see if they process in XI this time?

Thank-You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not doing EOIO processing. We are doing "exactly once". Anyway we can increase the trace level to tell us what is going on?...Anybody?

Thank-You.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any messages in 'delivering' status ? How many ? Are the messages just delivering very slowly or not at all ? Is there any messages in the log for the messages in delivering status ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Check these..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but these links did not help, because we have some of these files being processed and some are not.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check RWB->Message Monitoring->Message Display Tool ?

The error may be because of some of the messages are in queue or your reciever service is not available i.e error is in the adapter engine.

Check the SMQ2 once again.. and also make sure that all message queues are registered in the SXMB_ADM->manage Queues.

Juct cross check with this-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy